Milton Keynes Council is reminding residents that waste collections will continue as normal during the Bank Holiday weekend.
It means that residents who normally have their bin collection on Monday will see it collected as normal this Monday 31st September.
This is part of the Council's planned service improvements for 2020.
Previously, Milton Keynes Council was criticised as residents were experiencing delays in the collection of food and garden bins due to lorry breakdowns.
The "unacceptable" level of waste collection delays was due to the Council’s waste partner Serco experiencing high levels of vehicle breakdowns and other operational issues.
But now, the Council says waste collections are back on track and there have been little to no delays since.
The council has issued Serco with a contractual notice of improvement to ensure Serco puts plans in place to run their operations sustainably to 2023.
Cllr Emily Darlington, Cabinet Member for the Public Realm said, “While we do appreciate the pandemic has complicated some matters for suppliers, these delays were unacceptable for MK residents. There are some straightforward things we want Serco to put in place now to make sure we’re not in this position again.
“Serco’s senior management have assured us that they’re on the case and we are now seeing collections getting back on track. The notice we’ve issued puts some recent conversations on a formal footing and will help us monitor how they’re getting on. Our priority is to maintain a working weekly collection service as we know this is important to local people.”
Mark Sturgeon, Serco Senior Contract Manager, added: "I would like to apologise to the residents whose collections were delayed and reassure you we are working with Milton Keynes Council to make the necessary improvements to service."