GDPR Data Regulation
The European Union GDPR regulation, which came into effect from 25th May 2018, gives you a number of additional rights. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms after May 25th 2018 are fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th 2018, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
LIVE TRAVEL: M1 in Milton Keynes closed following collision
MKFM will be updating this article as more news comes in.
RSPCA WEEK (DAY 3): Cats in Milton Keynes in urgent need of new homes
Each day of this week, MKFM will be sharing information about some of the local cats that are in need of a new home.
Group with baseball bats steal large quantity of cigarettes from man in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a robbery in Milton Keynes.
Roadworks taking place across Milton Keynes this week
To provide a safe working environment for staff, some temporary road closures and diversions may be necessary.
33-year-old Milton Keynes man charged with carrying knife in public
A Milton Keynes man has been charged with possession of a knife in Milton Keynes.
Man in his 20s stabbed in Milton Keynes town
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an incident of assault in Milton Keynes.
19-year-old from Milton Keynes charged with knife possession following stop and search
A teeanger has been charged overnight with possessing a knife in a public place.
The Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes launches gift list website to help Ukraine hospitals
A new gift list style website has been launched by The Saxon Clinic to match UK donations with a list of urgent supplies requested by a group of Ukraine hospitals on the frontline of war.
Unsuccessful bid for Milton Keynes as six places shortlisted to be home of new Great British Railways
The finalists in the competition to become the home of the new Great British Railways HQ have been announced today (5/7).
Brand new racing-themed roller coaster opens at Milton Keynes theme park
Young thrill seekers with a need for speed are being invited to ride a new race car themed roller coaster at Gulliver’s Land in Milton Keynes.
Innovative Arts Performance to take place featuring young people in Milton Keynes
Members of the public are being invited to an innovative arts performance featuring young people in Milton Keynes.
Double planning award for Milton Keynes Council
Milton Keynes Council has been awarded a fourth planning award.