GDPR Data Regulation
The European Union GDPR regulation, which came into effect from 25th May 2018, gives you a number of additional rights. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms after May 25th 2018 are fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th 2018, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email email@example.com and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Police called to Central Milton Keynes following reports of male with a knife
Neighbourhood and Armed response officers were deployed to the City Centre following reports of a male with a knife.
Budget 2021 key points: Alcohol, fuel and tax changes revealed
Here are the key points from Chancellor Rishi Sunak's budget speech:
Milton Keynes Council set to reveal six-year action plan progress
Milton Keynes Council is set to reveal the progress being made against its ambitious six-year action plan.
56 brand new electric buses coming to Milton Keynes following successful bid
Milton Keynes will be home to a brand new fleet of fully electric buses following a successful bid from MK Council.
Milton Keynes nightclub releases official statement following reports of injection incident
Milton Keynes nightclub, Pink Punters, has released a statement on social media following the confirmation of an injection incident.
The National Museum of Computing in Milton Keynes launches brand new escape room experience
The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC), an independent charity, has today announced the launch of its exhilarating Escape Room Packages.
Milton Keynes charity host night of live music with Boneyard Karma
MK SNAP, a local charity working with adults with learning disabilities and specialist needs, are hosting a night of live music on Friday 3rd December from 7.30pm.
Children in Milton Keynes invited to swap out used halloween costumes at local coffee house
MK Swap Shop's costume swap rail allows children to swap their Halloween outfits and learn about a more sustainable version of getting ready for spooky season.
MK Community Foundation and National Hockey Foundation launch fund to support local sports clubs
A fund has been launched at Milton Keynes Community Foundation in partnership with the National Hockey Foundation to provide support to local charity groups and sports clubs in MK.
Milton Keynes GP surgery says its doctors are under ‘immense’ pressure
A Labour councillor raised residents’ concerns about quality of service at Wolverton Health Centre during a ‘productive’ meeting this month.
Police appeal for witnesses following aggravated burglary in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses after an aggravated burglary that occurred in Stoke Hammond, Milton Keynes.
Police increase patrols around Milton Keynes town following reports of theft related incidents
Police say they are aware of concerns raised over an increase in reports of theft related incidents in the Olney and Lavendon area.
You May Have Missed
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.