MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
The new European Union GDPR regulation, which comes into effect from 25th May, gives you a number of additional rights over and above the current legislation. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms going forward after May 25th will be fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email email@example.com and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
intu Milton Keynes
417 Saxon Gate East
BREAKING: Police confirm six year old missing child in Newport Pagnell, services closed off
Police have confirmed a six year old child is missing from the Newport Pagnell area.
Milton Keynes Entrepreneur Wins Gold at the SME National Business Awards
Matt Bowler, MD of MK Scaffolding Specialists and Vantage Event Structures was awarded the Gold Award at Wembley, in recognition for his work with young people and ex-offenders.
MK Council to ban dangerous anti-social car cruising
Milton Keynes Council (MKC) is set to ban anti-social car cruising in MK through a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO).
Great Linford Manor Park restoration work to start in early February
Initial work on the ground is due to start on the National Lottery Heritage and National Lottery Community Funded restoration of Great Linford Manor Park.
The Zip Yard MK is making ‘joey’ pouches for Australian animal babies
Staff and volunteers will gather at The Zip Yard on Sunday 19 January, in an effort to craft at least 1,000 pouches to send to Australia for animals left orphaned by the continuing bushfire crisis, and need your help!
MK Venues Celebrate Independent Music Week
This January, four Milton Keynes music venues are excited to announce they are taking part in Independent Venue Week 2020.
PCC for Thames Valley set to bid for 280 new tasers as part of Home Office funding
The Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley is set to bid for hundreds of tasers as part of a new fund set up by the Home Office.
MK Council calls for MK pupils to become next generation of Eco Warriors
Following a successful trial with four primary schools, MK Council is rolling its ‘Eco Warriors’ environmental education scheme out across MK.