MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
The new European Union GDPR regulation, which comes into effect from 25th May, gives you a number of additional rights over and above the current legislation. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms going forward after May 25th will be fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email email@example.com and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
intu Milton Keynes
417 Saxon Gate East
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Man and woman left with injuries after two-car collision on Milton Keynes road
A man and a woman were left injured after a two-car collision on a Milton Keynes road yesterday.
Three flood warnings in force across Milton Keynes today with flooding of property possible
The Environment Agency have issued three flood warnings across Milton Keynes today.
Latest Milton Keynes weather forecast as light dusting of snow seen across the city
Parts of Milton Keynes have seen a light dusting of snow this morning as a weather warning remains in place for the city.
Two more coronavirus vaccination centres open in Milton Keynes today
Two more GP surgeries in Milton Keynes have started offering coronavirus vaccinations from today.
Brand new wellbeing service launches to support health and social care staff in Milton Keynes
A new Keeping Well Service has been launched to support health and care workers in Milton Keynes and beyond.
351 new coronavirus cases and 10 hospital deaths announced in Milton Keynes today
There were 351 new coronavirus cases and 10 hospital deaths announced in Milton Keynes today, according to the latest data.
Green bid to limit housing growth dismissed as 'cloud cuckoo land'
A Green party bid to put a lower limit on housing growth ambitions in Milton Keynes was dismissed as “cloud cuckoo land”.
Mass vaccination centre in Milton Keynes will be able to deliver '2,000 vaccinations a day'
Council Leader Peter Marland has said a mass vaccination centre in Milton Keynes would be able to deliver '2,000 vaccinations a day'.
Police seize illegal items and make thirteen arrests following 'targeted patrols' in Milton Keynes estates
Thames Valley Police has seized several items and made thirteen arrests following 'targeted patrols' in local housing estates.
Man released by fire crews after late night collision on M1 in Milton Keynes yesterday
A man had to be released by fire crews last night following a collision on the M1 in Milton Keynes.
Tories call for probe as winter waste crisis hits Milton Keynes
Conservatives have called for a probe into whether a decision to launch a wheelie bin trial contributed to a developing crisis in waste collection in the city.
When and how much snow will hit Milton Keynes tomorrow as ANOTHER weather warning issued
The Met Office have issued another yellow weather warning for snow in Milton Keynes for tomorrow.
You May Have Missed
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.