MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
The new European Union GDPR regulation, which comes into effect from 25th May, gives you a number of additional rights over and above the current legislation. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms going forward after May 25th will be fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
intu Milton Keynes
417 Saxon Gate East
Man sentenced for money laundering offences in Milton Keynes
Khalid Bajigah, aged 40, of St Georges Way, Milton Keynes, was convicted on Thursday
Two men sentenced for robbery and fraud in Milton Keynes
Martin George (pictured), aged 30, of The Hide, Milton Keynes, and Robert Peters, aged 24, Shackleton Place, were sentenced at Aylesbury Crown Court on Thursday
Join the Blue Fun Run at Willen Hospice Event
Willen Hospice is inviting all running enthusiasts to join them for their charity Lake Run on Sunday 6th October.
Free Employee Bus Service Celebrates 25,000th Journey
Friday 13th might be unlucky for some, but for Network Rail employee, Fatima Baig it was a great start to the day as she stepped onto the My Bus city centre service to a fanfare celebration marking the 25,000th journey taken on the free employee bus.
Big Night Out focuses on ‘Coping with Change’
On 11th September, more than 1,000 young people from Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes and the surrounding counties, came together at The Aylesbury Waterside Theatre for Action4Youth’s annual celebration event.
M&S Food brings Milton Keynes community together
To celebrate their 10-year partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support M&S Food stores in Buckinghamshire are hosting activities to raise funds for people living with cancer, including an in-store Wall of Support and fundraising events on 27th September to mark the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Saturday Night Fever - Not only Stayin' Alive but getting better and better!
It may be more than 40 years since the cinema release of the John Travolta classic but that hasn’t stopped Bill Kenwright from producing this re-imagined and revitalised stage version of Saturday Night Fever!
MK Care Leaver is an inspiration to young people
Just six years after entering the UK, 18 year old Care Leaver Keren Kassanda has beaten the odds to land a place at prestigious Oxford University and also taken up a position on the Council’s Corporate Parenting Panel to share her experience and support other children in care.