MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
The new European Union GDPR regulation, which comes into effect from 25th May, gives you a number of additional rights over and above the current legislation. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms going forward after May 25th will be fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email email@example.com and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
intu Milton Keynes
417 Saxon Gate East
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Councillors to champion support for Milton Keynes children in care
Milton Keynes Councillors are getting more closely involved in how the council supports children in care or leaving care.
Police appeal for witnesses after man is pushed off bike and robbed in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a robbery in Milton Keynes.
Dragon found in Milton Keynes park is rescued by RSPCA
A bearded dragon found in a park in Milton Keynes has been rescued by the RSPCA, who have launched an appeal to try to find his owner.
'Likely but not inevitable' Milton Keynes is moving towards Tier 2, says Council Leader
It is 'likely but not inevitable' that Milton Keynes is moving towards Tier 2 coronavirus restrictions as cases in the city head past 100 cases per 100,000 for the first time, Council Leader Peter Marland has said.
Milton Keynes nursery makes the finals of national industry award
It has been today (30/10) announced that a Milton Keynes nursery has made the finals in two categories for a national industry award.
£140,000 is being invested to help tackle rodent problems in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes Council is investing £140,000 to tackle issues with rats and other rodents in several city estates.
Milton Keynes Scouts raise thousands of pounds for Willen Hospice by collecting unwanted foreign currency
Members from Milton Keynes Scouts have raised thousands of pounds for Willen Hospice by collecting unwanted foreign currency.
Milton Keynes to receive over £4m funding to support rough sleepers into housing
It has been announced that Milton Keynes will be receiving nearly £4.5m of Government funding to support rough sleepers into housing.
Teenager suffers broken jaw after being attacked during attempted robbery in Milton Keynes
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenage boy was assaulted during an attempted robbery in Milton Keynes, leaving him with a broken jaw.
Police share image of man following spate of burglaries involving suspicious white van in Milton Keynes
Police have shared an image of a man they would like to speak to following a number of burglaries in Milton Keynes.
More Black volunteers needed for Milton Keynes COVID-19 vaccine studies
The NHS-supported studies are currently seeing under-representation in this group.
New question that Milton Keynes Council must ask before giving someone a taxi driver licence is revealed
Rules controlling the licensing of taxi drivers are being tightened at Milton Keynes Council.
You May Have Missed
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
- How To Listen To MKFM
- MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
- Contact Us
- Complaints Procedure
- Competition Terms and Conditions
© 2020 MKFM Limited - Radio Made In Milton Keynes. Powered by Aiir.