MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
The new European Union GDPR regulation, which comes into effect from 25th May, gives you a number of additional rights over and above the current legislation. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms going forward after May 25th will be fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
intu Milton Keynes
417 Saxon Gate East
IN PICTURES: Local anger as rubbish left dumped all over Milton Keynes this sunny weekend
Local people have taken to social media to share images of rubbish dumped all over Milton Keynes across this weekend.
Video shows clouds of smoke at Wickes store in Milton Keynes as fire crews rush to tent fire
Fire crews rushed to a tent fire close to a Milton Keynes hardware store earlier this afternoon.
Fourth day in a row with no new coronavirus deaths at Milton Keynes Hospital
No new coronavirus deaths have been announced at Milton Keynes Hospital for the past four days running.
Police appeal after car 'driven at' a woman in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an incident in which a car was driven at a woman.
Milton Keynes is hotter than Barcelona today - here's your full five day forecast
Temperatures in Milton Keynes are hotter than Barcelona today as our city continues to enjoy amazing weather.
Plans for new McDonalds restaurant in Milton Keynes take a step forward
Plans for a new McDonalds restaurant in Milton Keynes have taken a step forward after planning permission for proposed amendments was granted.
Green light given for 40 new apartments in part of Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes Council planning officers have given developers the green light to build 40 new two bedroom apartments in Fenny Stratford.
Residents anger after river near Milton Keynes is featured in The Times 'best places for wild swimming'
Residents in a town near Milton Keynes have responded with anger after a local river was featured in The Times newspaper today.