GDPR Data Regulation
The new European Union GDPR regulation, which comes into effect from 25th May, gives you a number of additional rights over and above the current legislation. MKFM Limited is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, MKFM does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
There was a brief period between our launch in 2011 and around three years ago when a limited number of listeners were contacted by email with a newsletter. A newsletter has not been sent for over three years, and the database of information which was used for this has since been deleted.
In the past three years, a check box was in place on some forms asking if listeners wished to be contacted by MKFM with newsletters and offers. This was never actioned upon and all information submitted has since been deleted.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right To Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add an business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All information which was entered into a private form on mkfm.com prior to 6th May 2018 has since been deleted in full, and we do not intend to have any open forms between this date and the launch of GDPR. Any new forms going forward after May 25th will be fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent MKFM a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Prior to May 25th, MKFM will delete all text messages we hold which are over one year old. MKFM will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.
You can also write to us at:
intu Milton Keynes
417 Saxon Gate East
Sponsored Stories You May Like
IF: Milton Keynes International Festival announces six new leading art installations
The city’s biennial arts festival has recently announced that six distinctive installations will be available at different locations throughout Milton Keynes for locals to enjoy this summer for free.
Two men convicted for assaulting a police officer in Milton Keynes
Two men have been convicted and sentenced after assaulting a Thames Valley police officer in Milton Keynes.
The Parks Trust annouce temporary closure of Milton Keynes BMX track
Local independent charity has recently announced the temporary closure of the Pineham BMX track while maintenance work is being carried out.
Milton Keynes police appeal for witnesses following distraction burglary
Following a distraction burglary that took place at around 6:20pm Thursday evening (06/05), Thames Valley Police are appealing for witnesses and have issued a warning to local residents.
Milton Keynes Local Elections 2021 LIVE: All the results as they come in from MK
Counting is happening today for the local elections in Milton Keynes and MKFM have all the election results as they arrive.
Eleven coronavirus cases recorded throughout Milton Keynes yesterday
According to the latest data, there were eleven coronavirus cases recorded in Milton Keynes yesterday (07/05).
Emergency services attend the scene after kitchen fire occurs on Milton Keynes estate
At 11:53am Thursday morning (06/05), local firefighters raced to extinguish a kitchen fire that occurred in a mid-terrace house in Elba Gate, Newton Leys.
Secret Early Days of Bletchley Park revealed in new exhibition
Visitors will be able to chart the arrival of the first Codebreakers at Bletchley Park in a new exhibition opening on Monday 17 May, when the Buckinghamshire museum hopes to reopen for the first time since December 2020.
Rescheduled dates for The Addams Family at Milton Keynes Theatre released
The Addams Family, starring Samantha Womack and Cameron Blakely is coming to Milton Keynes Theatre from 31 August – 4 September 2021, and tickets are on sale now!
Creaking NHS feels the strain of proposed new local diagnostic hubs for our area
Whole communities across the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes region are not being effectively served by diagnostic services but NHS chiefs are struggling to find solutions, a meeting heard.
Three roads closed in Milton Keynes today - with one bus route diverted
Three roads will be closed today in Milton Keynes for roadworks, with a bus route also being affected.
Make a Will and help support Willen Hospice
Local people are being invited to take advantage of a Will writing service this May as the Willen Hospice Will Month returns.
You May Have Missed
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.