KFC at Stadium MK is set to re-open later this week, including the first Drive Thru in Milton Keynes.
Multiple people with knowledge of the matter have told MKFM that the site will open later this week.
It follows the opening of the KFC site at Xscape last week for delivery only.
The Stadium MK site will also offer delivery as well as a Drive Thru service.
The re-opened KFC site in Milton Keynes will follow stringent new social distancing and safety procedures – which include:
- Smaller kitchen team to help observe social distancing, with separation of guests and delivery drivers
- Increased hand washing and surface sanitising
- New signage and floor stickers to help delivery drivers keep a safe distance apart
- Contactless handover of food, with contactless payment preferred
- Introduction of a limited menu to help the smaller team avoid switching kitchen stations, with clear floor markings
- Installation of protective screens where appropriate, with non-medical grade face masks and gloves made available for teams
- Team members signing a health declaration and completing a new coronavirus training programme before returning to work
- Shorter trading hours to allow for smaller kitchen teams
Earlier today, MKFM confirmed that Nando's in Central Milton Keynes is now delivering food via Deliveroo.
And Starbucks Coffee have confirmed that their Drive Thru site at The Place Retail Park near the Train Station will open on Thursday.
If you own a locally owned restaurant or cafe and you are reopening, you can let MKFM know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.