KFC at Xscape in Milton Keynes are now accepting orders via Uber Eats and Deliveroo for home delivery.
The restaurant opened for delivery orders at midday today, following MKFM's exclusive announcement yesterday.
Uber Eats and Deliveroo customers can now order via the app for delivery from the limited menu.
But the other four sites in Milton Keynes have remained closed for now - at Stadium MK, The Centre MK, Stacey Bushes and Wolverton.
The re-opened KFC site in Milton Keynes will follow stringent new social distancing and safety procedures – which include:
- Smaller kitchen team to help observe social distancing, with separation of guests and delivery drivers
- Increased hand washing and surface sanitising
- New signage and floor stickers to help delivery drivers keep a safe distance apart
- Contactless handover of food, with contactless payment preferred
- Introduction of a limited menu to help the smaller team avoid switching kitchen stations, with clear floor markings
- Installation of protective screens where appropriate, with non-medical grade face masks and gloves made available for teams
- Team members signing a health declaration and completing a new coronavirus training programme before returning to work
- Shorter trading hours to allow for smaller kitchen teams
Yesterday, KFC announced that they would be re-opening the Drive Thru at 55 of their UK restaurants including two in Northampton.
It follows an announcement last week that 100 restaurants would be re-opened for delivery across the UK from this week.
Meanwhile, McDonalds have told MKFM that they hope to re-open Milton Keynes restaurants if other trials are a success.