Listener Liz wins The Best Christmas Ever!
MKFM teamed up with Winterland MK to give you the chance to win The Best Christmas Ever with a massive prize package.
The package included; a Brand New 65" Ultra 4K Television, complete with one year's Amazon Prime Video or Netflix subscription - perfect for those big festive movies!
And we sorted your shopping too with a £200 Argos voucher for all those presents and £200 M&S Voucher to get all your food and drink sorted.
All you had to do to win is identify the MKFM Secret Sound.
Have a listen to the sound below to see if you can identify it.
The MKFM Secret Sound has now been won! Congratulations to Liz who correctly guessed the sound. Hear what happened when Liz found out she had won the Best Christmas Ever thanks to Winterland MK.
- Ring binding machine
- Self making stamp
- Hole punch
- Pogo stick
- Ticket Machine
- Handle on a door
- Nail gun
- Letterbox opening and closing
- Ironing board
- Door lock on a hotel room
- Metal library stamp
- Franking machine
- Closing Microwave or oven door
- closing shower door
- Locking a pod into a coffee Machine
- The door of a shower cubicle
How to Play
If you fancy a guess, just text us on 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND followed by your name.
For example, if your name is Dave then text MKFM SOUND DAVE to 81400.
First round is 8.15am on Monday 18th of November
We'll be calling someone at random twice a day during weekdays. Tell us what the sound is and if you are correct then the prize package is yours!
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds will be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won
- Entries made within 30 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries for 2019 are now open and will count for the first week when the game returns on 18/11/19
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press)
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of Winterland MKare also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The prize is as described on this page: a 65" Ultra 4K Television, 12 month subscription to either Netflix or Prime Video, £200 Argos voucher and £200 M&S voucher. By entering, you agree to accept the terms and conditions of each of the prize providers.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Police share pictures of man following knifepoint robbery where victim was knocked unconscious
Thames Valley Police is releasing CCTV images of a man officers would like to speak to in connection with an investigation into a robbery, which occurred in Bletchley.
December: These are the schools in Milton Keynes that we know have confirmed cases of coronavirus this month
There are numerous schools in the local area that have been impacted by COVID-19 since reopening in September.
Tuesday’s Coronavirus Update: 62 new cases and six hospital deaths recorded in Milton Keynes today
There were 62 positive coronavirus cases recorded and six hospital deaths announced in Milton Keynes on Tuesday, according to data from Public Health England.
Bletchley Park safely reopening for a festive day out
Bletchley Park will reopen to visitors on Wednesday 2 December, when the second national lockdown in England comes to an end.
Milton Keynes Council backs crackdown on illegal money lenders
MK Council is backing a new campaign to warn people of the dangers of predatory loan sharks scamming people online.
Have your say on crime and community safety in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes Council and the Safer MK partnership is asking local people for input on what MK’s crime and community safety priorities should be.
Concrete square outside Milton Keynes train station to become a 'temporary forest'
Station Square in Central Milton Keynes is set to be transformed into a temporary forest as part of a public art project funded by MK Council.
Canadian fast-food joint Tim Hortons will be opening in Milton Keynes very soon
It has been announced that the Canadian fast-food chain Tim Hortons will be opening its Milton Keynes branch in less than two weeks.
Halo device credited for saving F1 star Grosjean tested at a university near Milton Keynes
F1 driver Romain Grosjean emerged from a fireball crash and escaped with his life following a high-speed impact with a barrier at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday (29/11).
Harry's Rainbow support National Grief Awareness Week
Local charity, Harry's Rainbow, are supporting National Grief Awareness Week from 2nd - 8th December. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the support needs of the bereaved and the services that are available nationwide.
MKFM stops playing Rita Ora's music after the pop star breaks lockdown rules
Milton Keynes' local radio station, MKFM, has decided to remove Rita Ora from all playlists after the pop star broke coronavirus rules for her 30th birthday party.
Milton Keynes man wins back €48k in 7-year-long legal battle for Spanish villa that was never built
A local man has won back a large sum of money in a long-winded legal battle for a Spanish villa that was actually never built.
You May Have Missed
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
- How To Listen To MKFM
- MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
- Contact Us
- Complaints Procedure
- Competition Terms and Conditions
© 2020 MKFM Limited - Radio Made In Milton Keynes. Powered by Aiir.