Listener Liz wins The Best Christmas Ever!
MKFM teamed up with Winterland MK to give you the chance to win The Best Christmas Ever with a massive prize package.
The package included; a Brand New 65" Ultra 4K Television, complete with one year's Amazon Prime Video or Netflix subscription - perfect for those big festive movies!
And we sorted your shopping too with a £200 Argos voucher for all those presents and £200 M&S Voucher to get all your food and drink sorted.
All you had to do to win is identify the MKFM Secret Sound.
Have a listen to the sound below to see if you can identify it.
The MKFM Secret Sound has now been won! Congratulations to Liz who correctly guessed the sound. Hear what happened when Liz found out she had won the Best Christmas Ever thanks to Winterland MK.
- Ring binding machine
- Self making stamp
- Hole punch
- Pogo stick
- Ticket Machine
- Handle on a door
- Nail gun
- Letterbox opening and closing
- Ironing board
- Door lock on a hotel room
- Metal library stamp
- Franking machine
- Closing Microwave or oven door
- closing shower door
- Locking a pod into a coffee Machine
- The door of a shower cubicle
How to Play
If you fancy a guess, just text us on 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND followed by your name.
For example, if your name is Dave then text MKFM SOUND DAVE to 81400.
First round is 8.15am on Monday 18th of November
We'll be calling someone at random twice a day during weekdays. Tell us what the sound is and if you are correct then the prize package is yours!
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds will be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won
- Entries made within 30 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries for 2019 are now open and will count for the first week when the game returns on 18/11/19
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press)
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of Winterland MKare also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The prize is as described on this page: a 65" Ultra 4K Television, 12 month subscription to either Netflix or Prime Video, £200 Argos voucher and £200 M&S voucher. By entering, you agree to accept the terms and conditions of each of the prize providers.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Milton Keynes Gallery to offer all visitors a free hot drink as they reopen next week
Milton Keynes Gallery will be offering all visitors a free hot drink to mark their reopening next week.
'Do not be alarmed': Emergency services will be training inside Milton Keynes hotel tomorrow
Emergency services have announced that teams will be training inside a city-centre hotel tomorrow (12/5).
Popular competition returns to see if Milton Keynes is home to Britain's best home bar
Following last year's success, a competition has returned to see if Milton Keynes is home to Britain's best home bar.
Milton Keynes barbershop to give free cup of tea and haircut to the homeless
A local barbershop has decided to open up on Sundays to give free haircuts to the homeless community.
Milton Keynes police warn against rise in distraction burglaries/rogue traders in local area
Due to a rise in reports of distraction burglaries occurring and rogue traders operating throughout Milton Keynes, Thames Valley Police has taken to social media to issue a warning in order to safeguard local residents.
Milton Keynes school praises 6-year-old pupil after spotting fire
Local firefighters were called to the site of Heelands School after an alarm was raised by a 6-year-old pupil yesterday morning (10/05).
Milton Keynes children plant trees across local parks and play areas
As part of a local donation programme from Community Trees Milton Keynes, 20 volunteer families planted 100 saplings across various parks and play areas in Newport Pagnell.
Milton Keynes police holding online Q&A this Friday
Thames Valley Police are holding an online question and answer session with Milton Keynes residents about their concerns.
Milton Keynes Council encourage locals to take part in celebrating Fostering Fortnight 2021
Milton Keynes Council will be hosting a number of events throughout 10-23 May in order to mark the national celebration of the fostering community.
Ten coronavirus cases recorded throughout Milton Keynes yesterday
According to the latest data, there were ten coronavirus cases recorded in Milton Keynes yesterday (10/05).
Milton Keynes school temporarily closes following fire earlier today
Local firefighters were called to the site of Heelands School after a fire was discovered by a pupil at 11am earlier this morning (10/05).
Conservative Matthew Barber elected Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner
The Conservatives have retained their control over the position of Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner as their candidate Matthew Barber was elected following the vote count earlier today (10/05).
You May Have Missed
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.