VOTING CLOSED for your favourite gritter names!
Hundreds of you came up with names for Ringway's pair of redway gritters for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher. Voting is now closed and the winner will be announced on Friday 27th November at 8.15am on the MK Breakfast Show.
As winter sets in and the roads and redways across MK start to get icy, Milton Keynes Council and their service provider Ringway are ready to keep residents safe with a well stocked salt barn and gritters for those frosty mornings.
Milton Keynes Council have two mini gritters, called Tremos, used on redways and footways during the winter when it is particularly cold and icy for long periods. They have snow ploughs fitted and spray saltwater mix over the footway and redway. Each can fit a 2-person crew inside and are compact enough to drive through an underpass. BUT they need naming!
Thanks to hundreds of MKFM followers for submitting their nominations. All entries received were reviewed by MK Council and their service provider Ringway and the top ten are listed below (in no particular order).
- Torvill and Dean
- Chas and Dave
- Milk and Beans
- Bert and Ernie
- Gritter Thunberg and Roger Spreaderer
- Holly and Ivy
- Blitzen and Comet
- Cannon and Ball
- David Plowie and Gritney Spears
- Penelope Gritstop and Basil Salty
The public vote has now closed and the winning names will be revealed on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia on Friday 27th November at 8.15am.
The winning entry will receive a £50 Amazon voucher and pride seeing the new names adorned onto the two gritters.
Terms and Conditions
As well as MKFM's standard Terms and Conditions, the following applies to this competition
- Entries must be made by 5pm on 15/11/2020 using the submission form on our web page here.
- If a duplicate entry duo name is selected in the top ten, we will use the first one received by us.
- The panel's decision on the shortlist will be final and no discussion will be entered in to.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement.
IKEA Milton Keynes support Medical Detection Dogs with donation of items
IKEA Milton Keynes has made a donation of items to Medical Detection Dogs, to help the local charity's vital funds go towards training its 'Super Sniffer' pups.
142 illegal vapes seized from shops in Milton Keynes
142 illegal vapes and 49 illegal tobacco products were seized from shops in Milton Keynes.
New NHS campaign launched to encourage people to get help with common mental health problems
A new campaign has been launched in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes to inform local people about dedicated NHS services which can help with common mental health problems.
Residents told to call 999 if they see man with links to Milton Keynes wanted on prison recall
David Broad has links to Milton Keynes and is wanted on prison recall.
Thames Valley Police boss calls on major retailers to stop the sale of e-scooters
Matthew Barber has written to four major retailers (Argos, Currys, Decathlon and Halfords) in an effort to prevent the sale of illegal e-scooters.
Milton Keynes residents hear 'loud bang' as emergency services attend lorry fire at M1 services
Police confirmed that emergency services were on the scene of a lorry fire on the northbound entry to Newport Pagnell services last night (27 February)
Emergency Services Careers Event to be held at Blue Light Hub in Milton Keynes
Residents will have the chance to explore careers within the police force, fire and ambulance services at an event in Milton Keynes next month.
96.90% of premises in Milton Keynes South now upgraded to Gigabit Broadband
Iain Stewart MP has welcomed the news that 96.90% of premises in Milton Keynes South now have access to superfast broadband.
Eastenders to air special episodes with storyline set in Milton Keynes
Eastenders has announced it is set to air special episodes with a storyline set in Milton Keynes, as Whitney and Zack pay a visit to Bianca.
Police to host community forum in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police will be hosting a community forum in the Great Linford parish next week.
Milton Keynes City Council to set blueprint for future of Bletchley’s Brunel Centre
The City Council is set to approve a blueprint for The Brunel Centre and former Sainsbury's unit in Bletchley, Milton Keynes.
Inspirational International Women's Day line-up announced for Milton Keynes
International Women’s Day Celebration to take place in Milton Keynes with lineup of guest speakers and panellists.