VOTING CLOSED for your favourite gritter names!
Hundreds of you came up with names for Ringway's pair of redway gritters for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher. Voting is now closed and the winner will be announced on Friday 27th November at 8.15am on the MK Breakfast Show.
As winter sets in and the roads and redways across MK start to get icy, Milton Keynes Council and their service provider Ringway are ready to keep residents safe with a well stocked salt barn and gritters for those frosty mornings.
Milton Keynes Council have two mini gritters, called Tremos, used on redways and footways during the winter when it is particularly cold and icy for long periods. They have snow ploughs fitted and spray saltwater mix over the footway and redway. Each can fit a 2-person crew inside and are compact enough to drive through an underpass. BUT they need naming!
Thanks to hundreds of MKFM followers for submitting their nominations. All entries received were reviewed by MK Council and their service provider Ringway and the top ten are listed below (in no particular order).
- Torvill and Dean
- Chas and Dave
- Milk and Beans
- Bert and Ernie
- Gritter Thunberg and Roger Spreaderer
- Holly and Ivy
- Blitzen and Comet
- Cannon and Ball
- David Plowie and Gritney Spears
- Penelope Gritstop and Basil Salty
The public vote has now closed and the winning names will be revealed on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia on Friday 27th November at 8.15am.
The winning entry will receive a £50 Amazon voucher and pride seeing the new names adorned onto the two gritters.
Terms and Conditions
As well as MKFM's standard Terms and Conditions, the following applies to this competition
- Entries must be made by 5pm on 15/11/2020 using the submission form on our web page here.
- If a duplicate entry duo name is selected in the top ten, we will use the first one received by us.
- The panel's decision on the shortlist will be final and no discussion will be entered in to.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement.
Local sports club launches The Bridge Project in Milton Keynes
MK Springers launches The Bridge Project, supporting families with low incomes across Milton Keynes, to access gymnastics at their club.
Home Instead Milton Keynes spreads Christmas cheer to vulnerable people with support from local businesses
Home Instead, a locally owned care home business, has organised the distribution of over 100 boxes filled with essential items for vulnerable people across the city this Christmas.
Family Time Service in Milton Keynes recognised for providing excellent care
A Milton Keynes City Council team that works with children in care and their families has received national recognition.
27ft Knife Angel sculpture arrives in Milton Keynes as part of month of action against violent crime
The month of action against violence in December was marked yesterday (02/12) at Stadium MK with the arrival of the National Monument Against Violence and Aggression.
Police appeal for witnesses to an attempted robbery and assault in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses to an attempted robbery and assault in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes ambulance workers set to take part in national strike
10,000 ambulance workers across the ambulance services and some NHS trusts have voted to take industrial action over the government's 4% pay award, which the GMB has described as another "massive real-terms pay cut".
Milton Keynes HSBC to remain open as plans to shut a further 114 UK branches revealed
Here is the full list of the 114 branches that will close next year
UPDATE: Missing boy from Milton Keynes found
A boy from Milton Keynes has been found after being reported missing to police on Monday (28/11).
MK Dons SET call for support in Christmas Hamper initiative in Milton Keynes
MK Dons Sport and Education Trust are calling for support from the local community as they look to provide Christmas hampers to those in need this festive period.
Young people in Milton Keynes invited to rap, speak or write about knife crime
As part of Milton Keynes' Month of Action Against Violence, Police and Crime Commissioner Matthew Barber has launched a rap and spoken word competition, ‘The Knife Sentence’.
People in Milton Keynes invited to join MK Girl and MK Charities to wrap over 1,000 gifts for children this Christmas
MK Girl and MK Charities are launching 'The Big Wrap', a networking event to help raise funds for over 1,000 gifts for children.
Milton Keynes Synagogue raises over £500 for interfaith community café
Kol Nidre is the time when Jews across the world think about how they can improve their own lives and help others. For generations, the Kol Nidre Appeal has raised money for charities at home and abroad.