VOTING CLOSED for your favourite gritter names!
Hundreds of you came up with names for Ringway's pair of redway gritters for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher. Voting is now closed and the winner will be announced on Friday 27th November at 8.15am on the MK Breakfast Show.
As winter sets in and the roads and redways across MK start to get icy, Milton Keynes Council and their service provider Ringway are ready to keep residents safe with a well stocked salt barn and gritters for those frosty mornings.
Milton Keynes Council have two mini gritters, called Tremos, used on redways and footways during the winter when it is particularly cold and icy for long periods. They have snow ploughs fitted and spray saltwater mix over the footway and redway. Each can fit a 2-person crew inside and are compact enough to drive through an underpass. BUT they need naming!
Thanks to hundreds of MKFM followers for submitting their nominations. All entries received were reviewed by MK Council and their service provider Ringway and the top ten are listed below (in no particular order).
- Torvill and Dean
- Chas and Dave
- Milk and Beans
- Bert and Ernie
- Gritter Thunberg and Roger Spreaderer
- Holly and Ivy
- Blitzen and Comet
- Cannon and Ball
- David Plowie and Gritney Spears
- Penelope Gritstop and Basil Salty
The public vote has now closed and the winning names will be revealed on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia on Friday 27th November at 8.15am.
The winning entry will receive a £50 Amazon voucher and pride seeing the new names adorned onto the two gritters.
Terms and Conditions
As well as MKFM's standard Terms and Conditions, the following applies to this competition
- Entries must be made by 5pm on 15/11/2020 using the submission form on our web page here.
- If a duplicate entry duo name is selected in the top ten, we will use the first one received by us.
- The panel's decision on the shortlist will be final and no discussion will be entered in to.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement.
Milton Keynes' new police Commander announced
Superintendent Emma Baillie will step into the role of police Commander next week.
Delays on A43 between A5 and M1 due to overturned car transporter and diesel leak
Motorists can expect long delays on the A43 near Towcester due to an overturned car transporter and leaking diesel.
Notorious prisoner Charles Bronson to remain in jail following parole hearing at Milton Keynes prison
Charles Bronson will remain in jail following a public parole hearing in Woodhill Prison, Milton Keynes.
New 30 Mile Cycle Challenge will take riders through the most iconic sites of Milton Keynes
A brand new 30-mile cycle route has been created by The Parks Trust, taking cyclists around some of the city's most iconic parks, lakes and landscapes.
Four arrested following raids in Milton Keynes and Nottingham in connection with sex work exploitation investigation
Four people have been arrested in an operation targeting a suspected organised crime group (OCG) thought to be exploiting women for work in the sex industry.
Cash boost for primary school as Tesco launches new store in Milton Keynes
Youngsters at a school near Milton Keynes have received much-needed funds to finish their outside play areas.
Brand new free Easter-themed trail at popular Milton Keynes lake
Willen Lake springs into action this Easter holiday with a fantastic new free trail and the official launch of the watersports season.
New flooring and carpet store opens in Milton Keynes
A new carpets and floors store has opened in Milton Keynes, offering a wide collection of options and advice from their 'Floorologists'.
Passenger, 70s, dies week after crash on M1 near Milton Keynes
A man has sadly died in hospital following a road traffic collision which occurred on the southbound carriageway of the M1 last week.
NatWest confirm plans to close Stony Stratford branch
NatWest customers have today been told that a branch in Milton Keynes will be closing down.
Milton Keynes man jailed after attack on woman in hotel
A Milton Keynes man who attacked a woman in a Northamptonshire hotel before assaulting police when he was arrested has been jailed for over three years.
Missing Milton Keynes boy located 'safe and well'
Police say a boy missing from Milton Keynes has been found.
- How To Listen To MKFM
- MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
- Contact Us
- Complaints Procedure
- Competition Terms and Conditions
© 2020 MKFM Limited - Radio Made In Milton Keynes. Powered by Aiir.