Name the gritters!
Put your thinking caps on to come up with names for Ringway's pair of redway gritters and your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
As winter sets in and the roads and redways across MK start to get icy, Milton Keynes Council and their service provider Ringway are ready to keep residents safe with a well stocked salt barn and gritters for those frosty mornings.
Now is your chance to be immortalized in Milton Keynes-based gritting history.
Milton Keynes Council have two mini gritters, called Tremos, used on redways and footways during the winter when it is particularly cold and icy for long periods. They have snow ploughs fitted and spray saltwater mix over the footway and redway. Each can fit a 2-person crew inside and are compact enough to drive through an underpass. BUT they need naming!
How to enter
Submit your nomination using the form below by 5pm on 15/11/2020.
Your entry must be for a duo e.g. Darren and Lia but be creative or include a wintery theme!
All entries received will be reviewed by MK Council and our service provider Ringway and the top ten will then be released for a public vote on MKFM’s social media channels.
The winning entry will be announced officially by Darren and Lia on the MKFM Breakfast Show after this vote on 24/11/2020.
The winning entry will receive a £50 Amazon voucher and pride seeing the new names adorned onto the two gritters.
Terms and Conditions
As well as MKFM's standard Terms and Conditions, the following applies to this competition
- Entries must be made by 5pm on 15/11/2020 using the submission form on this page.
- If a duplicate entry duo name is selected in the top ten, we will use the first one received by us.
- The panel's decision on the shortlist will be final and no discussion will be entered in to.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement.