VOTE NOW for MK's Best Chippy with MKFM
There’s nothing like fish and chips from a proper chippie and now the search is on to find the very best in Milton Keynes.
Do you know somewhere that serves a must-have cod, chips and sides like mushy peas and curry sauce?
Public nominations are now open until 31st March 2020.
The ten locations which receive the most nominations before the deadline will be reviewed by our panel of cod judges!
The final winner will be crowned on Friday 1st May 2020, and will win an awesome prize package.
The prize package for the winning venue includes:
- MK's Best Chippie 2020 certificate
- Article on our website and shared on our social media pages
- One month's FREE radio advertising and promotion on MKFM - worth over £500!
Nominations can only be accepted using the form below - so get submitting your favourite now!
Nominate MK's Best Chippie
Terms and Conditions
- Nominations are open until 18:00 on 31st March 2020.
- Both customers and the businesses themselves can nominate.
- Nominations must be a Fish and Chip store and not any other type of business who sell Fish and Chips.
- The business must be located within the Borough of Milton Keynes.
- The judging will take place between the closing date for nominations and the winner being announced.
- Each finalist will be scored by each of our judges with the highest scoring finalist declared the winner.
- If one or more of the top ten businesses are unable to accommodate our judges or choose not to participate in the competition, the business with the next highest number of nominations will be placed into the final round of ten.
- The judge's result is final with the winner being announced on Friday 1st of May 2020.
- As with all competitions on MKFM, our standard terms and conditions also apply.
Thames Valley Police issues fifth highest number of 'lockdown breach' fines in England
New data from the National Police Chief's Council shows that Thames Valley Police, who cover Milton Keynes, have issued the fifth highest number of 'lockdown breach' fines in England.
Owners of aquatic shop near Milton Keynes speak out about fire which 'devastated' the store
The owners of Hobby Fish aquatic shop in Potterspury, north of Milton Keynes, which suffered from a fire on Bank Holiday Monday have spoken out.
'Will you adopt me?': RSPCA Milton Keynes searching for new owner for Rex the Rabbit
The RSPCA in Milton Keynes are searching for a new owner for Rex the Rabbit.
Milton Keynes now has 'world's largest autonomous robot fleet' as Starship expand further
Residents in New Bradwell and Bradville can now get Starship groceries delivered to their door following an expansion of the service.
Plans to build 53 new homes in 'open countryside' in Milton Keynes submitted
A housing developer has submitted plans to build 53 homes in the 'open countryside' in Milton Keynes.
Police 'concerned for welfare' of 16 year old who may be in Milton Keynes
West Midlands Police have said they are 'concerned for the welfare' of a 16 year old who may be in Milton Keynes.
Chocolate Digestives voted as Milton Keynes ‘favourite biscuit’
A survey to celebrate National Biscuit Day has revealed the number one biscuit enjoyed by people in our city.
CCTV images released following keyless car thefts in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is releasing images of men officers would like to speak to following thefts of keyless cars in Milton Keynes.