VOTE NOW for MK's Best Chippy with MKFM
There’s nothing like fish and chips from a proper chippie and now the search is on to find the very best in Milton Keynes.
Do you know somewhere that serves a must-have cod, chips and sides like mushy peas and curry sauce?
Public nominations are now open until 31st March 2020.
The ten locations which receive the most nominations before the deadline will be reviewed by our panel of cod judges!
The final winner will be crowned on Friday 1st May 2020, and will win an awesome prize package.
The prize package for the winning venue includes:
- MK's Best Chippie 2020 certificate
- Article on our website and shared on our social media pages
- One month's FREE radio advertising and promotion on MKFM - worth over £500!
Nominations can only be accepted using the form below - so get submitting your favourite now!
Nominate MK's Best Chippie
Terms and Conditions
- Nominations are open until 18:00 on 31st March 2020.
- Both customers and the businesses themselves can nominate.
- Nominations must be a Fish and Chip store and not any other type of business who sell Fish and Chips.
- The business must be located within the Borough of Milton Keynes.
- The judging will take place between the closing date for nominations and the winner being announced.
- Each finalist will be scored by each of our judges with the highest scoring finalist declared the winner.
- If one or more of the top ten businesses are unable to accommodate our judges or choose not to participate in the competition, the business with the next highest number of nominations will be placed into the final round of ten.
- The judge's result is final with the winner being announced on Friday 1st of May 2020.
- As with all competitions on MKFM, our standard terms and conditions also apply.
Shocking video shows waste management building ablaze in Milton Keynes
Fire crews were called to reports of a fire in Old Wolverton at around 7pm last night (26/2) and discovered a waste management building on fire.
Average Milton Keynes council tax bill of £1,810.05 is approved
Residents in Milton Keynes are set to pay an average of £1,810.05 for council, police, and fire services for the year from April.
Chase and Status are coming to Milton Keynes this year!
The electronic music duo Chase and Status will be performing a DJ Set in Milton Keynes this April.
The Band are hitting the road!
School of Rock - The Musical, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s smash hit, award-winning West End show, will be coming to Milton Keynes Theatre on Monday 19th April 2021.
MK Council to vote tonight on £11m budget funding to tackle homelessness
Milton Keynes Council will vote tonight on whether to pass the 2020/21 budget, with the Labour administration proposing to spend over £11m next year to tackle rough sleeping and homelessness.
Protect your bike from theft in Milton Keynes and get it marked for free
Thames Valley Police is offering free bike marking next month to deter would-be thieves from stealing your bike.
Residents of quiet village near Milton Keynes urged to check CCTV following recent burglary
Police are appealing for witnesses and request that residents of Weston Underwood check their CCTV following a burglary that took place last night (25/2).
Milton Keynes primary school nominated for national climate change award
St Thomas Aquinas School on St Mary's Avenue has been shortlisted for a national award for their work tackling climate change.