VOTE NOW for MK's Best Chippy 2022
There’s nothing like fish and chips from a proper chippy and now MKFM's search is back on to find the very best in Milton Keynes.
Rising energy bills and increased costs of cooking oil, potatoes and fish due to the war in Ukraine has meant the price of fish and chips has gone up.
To support struggling fish and chip shops in Milton Keynes, MKFM has relaunched their search to find the very best chippy in the local area.
Over 5,000 Milton Keynes residents cast their vote in 2020, crowning Moores Fish and Chips as the best in MK. Will they continue to reign victorious this year?
Do you know somewhere that serves a must-have cod, chips and sides like mushy peas and curry sauce?
Public nominations are open until 31st July 2022.
The ten locations which receive the most nominations before the deadline will be reviewed by our panel of cod judges!
The final winner will be crowned on Monday 8th August 2022, and will win an awesome prize package.
The prize package for the winning venue includes:
- MK's Best Chippy 2022 certificate
- Article on our website and shared on our social media pages
- One month's FREE radio advertising and promotion on MKFM - worth over £500!
Nominations can only be accepted using the form below - so get submitting your favourite now!
Nominate MK's Best Chippy
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to this competition:
- Nominations are open until 23:59 on 31st July 2022.
- Both customers and the businesses themselves can nominate.
- Nominations must be a Fish and Chip store and not any other type of business who sell Fish and Chips.
- The business must be located within the Borough of Milton Keynes.
- The judging will take place between the closing date for nominations and the winner being announced.
- Each finalist will be scored by each of our judges with the highest scoring finalist declared the winner.
- If one or more of the top ten businesses are unable to accommodate our judges or choose not to participate in the competition, the business with the next highest number of nominations will be placed into the final round of ten.
- The judge's result is final with the winner being announced on Monday 8th August 2022.
Man hospitalised following incident in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an affray in Milton Keynes.
Tree planted in Milton Keynes park for Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
The King’s personal representative for Buckinghamshire has selected Milton Keynes to be home to an official Coronation Tree.
Global tech company auctions specialist equipment ahead of move to Milton Keynes
Auction and asset management specialists NCM Auctions are working with world-leading experts in the electromagnetic spectrum, Spectrum Control, as they consolidate their UK testing and development sites.
Milton Keynes Community Foundation announce mental health and young people charity legacy
Milton Keynes Community Foundation proudly announces its management of MK YIS’ Trust, ensuring continued support for mental wellness among young people in our community.
New councillor elected in Milton Keynes by-election
Following the resignation of Councillor Brigid McBride on 9th January, a by-election took place in Milton Keynes yesterday.
Residents can nominate Milton Keynes Hospital staff for 2024 awards
Nominations are now open for the #TeamMKUH Staff Awards 2024 and residents in Milton Keynes are able to vote.
Women Leaders Awards in Milton Keynes announce headline sponsor
Milton Keynes-based NHBC is proud to be the headline sponsor for the Women Leaders UK Awards 2024.
Large amount of vapes and mobile phone stolen in Milton Keynes robbery
Thames Valley Police is releasing images of two individuals officers would like to speak to as they may have vital information following a robbery in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes-based Open University receives Queen’s Anniversary Prize at Buckingham Palace
The Open University was presented with a prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education by Her Majesty The Queen today.
Yellow weather warning in place across Milton Keynes as residents warned of flooding
A weather warning is in place until 6pm this evening.
Thames Valley Police looking to recruit 'brave horse' to join its force
Thames Valley Police's Mounted Section is looking to recruit a 'brave horse' to join its force.
Drop The Dead Donkey: The Reawakening comes to Milton Keynes Theatre this March
The original cast and writers of the award-winning TV comedy Drop The Dead Donkey reunite for a brand-new stage adaptation coming to Milton Keynes Theatre from Tue 12 – Sat 16 Mar.