VOTE NOW for MK's Best Chippy 2022
There’s nothing like fish and chips from a proper chippy and now MKFM's search is back on to find the very best in Milton Keynes.
Rising energy bills and increased costs of cooking oil, potatoes and fish due to the war in Ukraine has meant the price of fish and chips has gone up.
To support struggling fish and chip shops in Milton Keynes, MKFM has relaunched their search to find the very best chippy in the local area.
Over 5,000 Milton Keynes residents cast their vote in 2020, crowning Moores Fish and Chips as the best in MK. Will they continue to reign victorious this year?
Do you know somewhere that serves a must-have cod, chips and sides like mushy peas and curry sauce?
Public nominations are open until 31st July 2022.
The ten locations which receive the most nominations before the deadline will be reviewed by our panel of cod judges!
The final winner will be crowned on Monday 8th August 2022, and will win an awesome prize package.
The prize package for the winning venue includes:
- MK's Best Chippy 2022 certificate
- Article on our website and shared on our social media pages
- One month's FREE radio advertising and promotion on MKFM - worth over £500!
Nominations can only be accepted using the form below - so get submitting your favourite now!
Nominate MK's Best Chippy
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to this competition:
- Nominations are open until 23:59 on 31st July 2022.
- Both customers and the businesses themselves can nominate.
- Nominations must be a Fish and Chip store and not any other type of business who sell Fish and Chips.
- The business must be located within the Borough of Milton Keynes.
- The judging will take place between the closing date for nominations and the winner being announced.
- Each finalist will be scored by each of our judges with the highest scoring finalist declared the winner.
- If one or more of the top ten businesses are unable to accommodate our judges or choose not to participate in the competition, the business with the next highest number of nominations will be placed into the final round of ten.
- The judge's result is final with the winner being announced on Monday 8th August 2022.
Milton Keynes HSBC to remain open as plans to shut a further 114 UK branches revealed
Here is the full list of the 114 branches that will close next year
UPDATE: Missing boy from Milton Keynes found
A boy from Milton Keynes has been found after being reported missing to police on Monday (28/11).
MK Dons SET call for support in Christmas Hamper initiative in Milton Keynes
MK Dons Sport and Education Trust are calling for support from the local community as they look to provide Christmas hampers to those in need this festive period.
Young people in Milton Keynes invited to rap, speak or write about knife crime
As part of Milton Keynes' Month of Action Against Violence, Police and Crime Commissioner Matthew Barber has launched a rap and spoken word competition, ‘The Knife Sentence’.
People in Milton Keynes invited to join MK Girl and MK Charities to wrap over 1,000 gifts for children this Christmas
MK Girl and MK Charities are launching 'The Big Wrap', a networking event to help raise funds for over 1,000 gifts for children.
Milton Keynes Synagogue raises over £500 for interfaith community café
Kol Nidre is the time when Jews across the world think about how they can improve their own lives and help others. For generations, the Kol Nidre Appeal has raised money for charities at home and abroad.
Birds found dead at popular Milton Keynes lake following confirmed bird flu cases
The Parks Trust has today (29/11) confirmed that some birds have died at popular Milton Keynes lake from Bird Flu.
Milton Keynes residents asked to 'check sheds and garages' in search for missing 17-year-old
Thames Valley Police is appealing for help in locating a missing boy from Milton Keynes.
Warning as scammer impersonates Darren and Lia from MKFM
MKFM has been made aware of a fake account circulating on social media impersonating MKFM
Milton Keynes charity secures National Lottery Grant to support more children in need
Ride High, a children’s charity in Milton Keynes is celebrating having successfully secured a grant of over £385,000 from the National Lottery Community Fund.
Milton Keynes family urges people to support Willen Hospice’s Christmas Care appeal
A local family is urging the public to support Willen Hospice as the charity launches its “Care at Christmas Appeal”.
Milton Keynes Bus Shelter increases capacity
Local charity The Bus Shelter MK has recently increased its capacity and can now provide a temporary home for up to 21 people who would otherwise be sleeping on the streets of Milton Keynes.