VOTE NOW for MK's Best Chippy 2022
There’s nothing like fish and chips from a proper chippy and now MKFM's search is back on to find the very best in Milton Keynes.
Rising energy bills and increased costs of cooking oil, potatoes and fish due to the war in Ukraine has meant the price of fish and chips has gone up.
To support struggling fish and chip shops in Milton Keynes, MKFM has relaunched their search to find the very best chippy in the local area.
Over 5,000 Milton Keynes residents cast their vote in 2020, crowning Moores Fish and Chips as the best in MK. Will they continue to reign victorious this year?
Do you know somewhere that serves a must-have cod, chips and sides like mushy peas and curry sauce?
Public nominations are open until 31st July 2022.
The ten locations which receive the most nominations before the deadline will be reviewed by our panel of cod judges!
The final winner will be crowned on Monday 8th August 2022, and will win an awesome prize package.
The prize package for the winning venue includes:
- MK's Best Chippy 2022 certificate
- Article on our website and shared on our social media pages
- One month's FREE radio advertising and promotion on MKFM - worth over £500!
Nominations can only be accepted using the form below - so get submitting your favourite now!
Nominate MK's Best Chippy
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to this competition:
- Nominations are open until 23:59 on 31st July 2022.
- Both customers and the businesses themselves can nominate.
- Nominations must be a Fish and Chip store and not any other type of business who sell Fish and Chips.
- The business must be located within the Borough of Milton Keynes.
- The judging will take place between the closing date for nominations and the winner being announced.
- Each finalist will be scored by each of our judges with the highest scoring finalist declared the winner.
- If one or more of the top ten businesses are unable to accommodate our judges or choose not to participate in the competition, the business with the next highest number of nominations will be placed into the final round of ten.
- The judge's result is final with the winner being announced on Monday 8th August 2022.
UK's top alcohol brands report huge fall in sales amid cost of living crisis
New trade figures have revealed a huge drop in alcohol sales across the UK.
High Sheriff attends Knife Crime Prevention Session at Milton Keynes school
The High Sheriff of Buckinghamshire Debbie Brock attended a school knife crime prevention delivered by the Safety Centre Charity.
Council leader talks what city status means to Milton Keynes businesses at MKFM's Meet of MK
The Leader of Milton Keynes Council joined MKFM's networking event last night (30/6), to talk all things city status and what it means for MK.
Arrests made as police target car cruising in Milton Keynes
A Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) is in place in Milton Keynes prohibiting anti-social driving associated with car cruise events.
Catch 'The World's Smallest Slim Chickens' in Milton Keynes TODAY
The World's Smallest Slim Chickens is at the Xscape in Milton Keynes today (1/7), ahead of the official store opening.
New Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Integrated Care Board launched
A new organisation, which brings together local health and care organisations, including the NHS and councils has launched today.
Operation Deter to bring 'great momentum to every aspect of policing in Milton Keynes'
MKFM spoke to Assistant Chief Constable for Crime and Criminal Justice regarding today's news from Thames Valley Police.
CCTV image released following burglary in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is releasing a CCTV image of a man officers would like to speak to as they may have vital information regarding an incident of burglary in Milton Keynes.
Popular carnival returns to Milton Keynes town this weekend
Newport Pagnell Carnival is back this weekend (2nd July - 3rd July).
Police launch zero-tolerance knife crime operation in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner are today (1/7) launching Operation Deter, a tough new approach to tackling knife crime, focussing initially in the city of Milton Keynes.
Kobe to launch Milton Keynes' first Speakeasy night
The popular restaurant will also be launching a brand new menu in July too.
Business in Milton Keynes town closes for the day following lack of custom
The Quirk Space is a 100% vegan cafe and coffee bar, bringing independent retail and a creative event/workshop space.