VOTE NOW for MK's Best Afternoon Tea 2022
Afternoon tea is a British tradition dating back to the early 1840s. Traditional afternoon tea is composed of sandwiches (usually finger sandwiches) scones served with clotted cream and jam (let's not get into the argument of which goes on first) and a selection of sweet pastries and cakes to finish. All of which is served with a pot or two of tea.
Do you know somewhere that serves the softest scones and scrumptious sarnies? Where would you go for a special afternoon tea celebration?
Public nominations are open until Friday 14th October 2022.
The ten locations which receive the most nominations before the deadline will be reviewed by our panel of tea-tasting judges!
The final winner will be crowned on Friday 28th October 2022, and will win an awesome prize package.
The prize package for the winning venue includes:
- MK's Best Afternoon Tea 2022 certificate
- Article on our website and shared on our social media pages
- One month's FREE radio advertising and promotion on MKFM - worth over £500!
Nominations can only be accepted using the form below - so get submitting your favourite now!
Nominate MK's Best Afternoon Tea
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to this competition:
- Nominations are open until 23:59 on 14/10/2022.
- Both customers and the businesses themselves can nominate.
- The business must be located within the Borough of Milton Keynes or have an MK postcode.
- The judging will take place between the closing date for nominations and the winner being announced.
- Each finalist will be scored by each of our judges with the highest scoring finalist declared the winner.
- If one or more of the top ten businesses are unable to accommodate our judges or choose not to participate in the competition, the business with the next highest number of nominations will be placed into the final round of ten.
- The judge's result is final with the winner being announced on Friday 28th October 2022.
Red Bull Racing: Max Verstappen starts Bahrain Grand Prix on pole position
Red Bull Racing's Max Verstappen will start tomorrow's Bahrain Grand Prix on pole position after a close-fought qualifying session on Friday (1st March).
81% of children in Milton Keynes receive first choice secondary school place
Thousands of MK pupils find out today (1 March) which secondary school they’ll be moving to in September.
Council partners with Milton Keynes College to increase free access to adult numeracy courses
Milton Keynes City Council has teamed up with MK College to expand local access to free adult numeracy classes.
Results place Milton Keynes primary school in top 2% of England’s primaries
A Milton Keynes primary school has received a letter from the Minister for Schools for its very high standard of achievement in the key stage 2 reading, writing and mathematics assessment.
Huge power cut affects Central Milton Keynes
MKFM understands Central Milton Keynes is currently being affected by a power cut.
Steve Edwards to complete 1000th marathon at Milton Keynes
A marathon runner is set to complete his 1000th marathon in Milton Keynes this May.
IKEA Milton Keynes support Medical Detection Dogs with donation of items
IKEA Milton Keynes has made a donation of items to Medical Detection Dogs, to help the local charity's vital funds go towards training its 'Super Sniffer' pups.
Milton Keynes Festival of Running returns this March
The MK Festival of Running hits the streets of Milton Keynes again on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th 2024.
Work begins on major regeneration of Milton Keynes estate
Work is underway to deliver Milton Keynes’ first regeneration project on the Lakes Estate in Bletchley.
Christian Horner remains at Red Bull Racing after internal investigation
Christian Horner will remain as CEO and Team Principal of Red Bull Racing, with an internal investigation into his behaviour towards a female employee concluded.
142 illegal vapes seized from shops in Milton Keynes
142 illegal vapes and 49 illegal tobacco products were seized from shops in Milton Keynes.
New NHS campaign launched to encourage people to get help with common mental health problems
A new campaign has been launched in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes to inform local people about dedicated NHS services which can help with common mental health problems.