Win £1000 cash on The MK Secret Sound
Someone in Milton Keynes is guaranteed to win £1000 cash on the MK Secret Sound, thanks to Skyline Taxis!
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking and this time, it could pay for a summer holiday or pay your energy bills.
Thanks to Skyline Taxis, your quick, affordable, and reliable taxi service in Milton Keynes available 24x7, 365 days a year, you could win £1,000 by simply guessing what the MK Secret Sound is.
Fancy £1000 to pay off some bills, save for a rainy day, or treat yourself or a loved one?
How to play
The MK Secret Sound will return to the MK Breakfast Show Monday to Friday at 8.15am from Monday 18th September 2023.
For your chance to win £1000, WhatsApp us on 07511111063, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name (do NOT text your answer)
MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name' to 07511111063 on WhatsApp.
Or you can enter by recording a voicenote or messaging the studio via the MKFM app. Our app is totally free and available to download now from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash when the MK Secret Sound returns soon!
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Some incorrect guesses so far (this list is not exhaustive)
- Emptying an ice tray
- Spring on a wooden gate
- Chopping on chopping board
- Djembe drum
- Plank of wood falling on another plank
- Rubbish being emptied into a bin lorry
- Balls in tumble dryer
- Potatoes being dropped into sink
- Vending machine (dropping treat)
- Tin cans being pulled behind car (like 'just married')
- Hand cranked record player
- Bongo drums
- Squeezing a coke can
- Pulling up the blinds
- Coffee pot machine ejecting into waste bin
- Foot lever on hydraulic bar stool
- Ball going down somewhere...
- Roulette wheel, ball landing into a slot
- Wooden chopping board being put away
- Bingo balls
- Ball rolling down pool table into pocket
- Chinese hand drum / monkey drum
- Coconut Shy
- Cups coming down in a coffee machine
- Kids toys - shapes falling into their places
- Bottle flip
- Ticket being dispensed out of machine
- Bluetooth being paired
- Wooden xylophone
- Old style water pump, like that used in a well
- Kids toys, blocks being put into shapes
- Bottle going on a side
- Retro board game with dice in middle, dome being pressed
- A business card printing machine
- A car door opening
- Magnetic door latch - like a bathroom cabinet
- Flushing the loo - the inside mechanisms of pulling handle
- Pump truck in a warehouse, picking up pallets
- Rollercoaster chugging up to the top
- The ball going down the goal on a foosball table
- White ball on pool table going down and back out again
- Connect four, drop the token in
- Letterbox closing
- Ball being dropped into a table football
- Stacking cups in the cups game
- Rolling dice on a board game
- Hand drum, monkey drum
- Plastic coin in parking lot for barrier to open
- Wooded bread bin, opening and closing
- Toilet seat rattling against the cistern
- Bowling ball hitting tenpins
- Springy door stop
- Metal dial of a gum ball machine
- Ball being thrown into a cup / beer pong
- Can falling from a vending machine
- Pop up pirate game for kids
- Tea spoon being thrown into the washing up bowl
- Wooden utensil being dropped into a kitchen draw
- Shaking of Pringles of can with Pringles in it
- Slide being changed on a slide projector
- Petrol pump nozel going back into the holder
- Ker-plunk game when the marble drops down
- Gathering up cricket stumps
- Putting a loo brush back in the loo holder
- A Loom, the wooden bit shooting across to weave threads or rugs
- Connect Four
- Empty toilet roll spinning on holder
- Cap of the washing liquid bottle
- Laundry ball stuck in the washing machine
- Keys stuck in the washing machine
- Coin stuck in a washing machine
- Plastic paddle within the drum broken off
- Trainers stuck in the washing machine
- Coin stuck in a washing machine
- Mobile phone stuck in washing machine
- Wallet stuck in a washing machine
- Belt stuck in a washing machine
- Underwire from a bra stuck in the washing machine
- Bank card stuck in a washing machine
- Pen stuck in the washing machine
- Lip balm stuck in the washing machine
- Button stuck in the washing machine
- Necklace chain stuck in the washing machine
- Liquid soap ball / dosing ball stuck in the washing machine
- Lighter stuck in a washing machine
- Zip stuck in the washing machine
- Hair clip stuck in the washing machine
- Electronic gate fob
- Shin pads stuck in a washing machine
- Headphones/ear buds stuck in a washing machine
- Plastic sports bottle
- Golf ball stuck in a washing machine
- Trainer shoe laces stuck in a washing machine
- Detergent ball stuck in the washing machine
- Pet toy (rubber balls or bones) stuck in the washing machine
- Duplo block / like lego, stuck in the washing machine
- Comb in the washing machine
- Kids dummy in washing machine
- Something stuck in a washing machine
Terms and Conditions
- MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM - MKFM Terms and Conditions
- In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries are open from Monday 15th May 2023.
- The first round will be played on the MK Breakfast Show on Monday 22nd May 2023.
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile or landline number will be accepted each day.
- There will be one competition rounds per day during at 8.15am Monday to Friday
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 30 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement.
- If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please email email@example.com for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.