Win tickets to UK's Strongest Man
Win a pair of tickets every day this week (04 - 07/05) on the MK Breakfast Show to the UK's annual strongman competition held at Stadium MK across the May Bank Holiday weekend.
Hosted by former professional footballer and TV presenter Chris Kamara, 16 of the strongest men from across the UK will compete to win the title of the UK's Strongest Man.
Competitors such as Ireland's strongest man Matthew 'The Real' McCoy and Mark Felix 'The Dark Destroyer' from England, who at 54-years-old is the oldest competitor, will take part in gruelling tests and stunts, such as the iconic '2 Man Car Roll' - where strongmen attempt to lift up and roll a car over completely, then pick it up again and do the same once more, and the 'Stones Of Strength'; strongmen will have to lift 22-inch stones as heavy as 100kg, 115kg, 130kg, 145kg and 160kg in the fastest time.
The competition - including the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Grand Final - will be filmed and broadcast on Channel 5.
Thousands of visitors are set to descend on Stadium MK to watch the action unfold while sitting outdoors in a socially distanced setting and you could be one of them!
Win a pair of tickets to UK's Strongest Man
For your chance to win a pair of tickets every day, listen to the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia all week (4th - 7th May) from 8am.
The dynamic duo will ask you a question and you will have 24 hours to enter. Text 81400, starting your message with MKFM, your name and your answer,
81400 + MKFM + 'Your Name' + 'Your Answer'
A winner will be chosen at random every day from the texts received.
For more information on the UK's Strongest Man, taking place at Stadium MK on 29th, 30th, and 31st May 2021 and to purchase tickets, please click here.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to this competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
LIVE TRAVEL: M1 in Milton Keynes closed due to multiple vehicle collision
MKFM will be updating this article as more news comes in.
RSPCA WEEK (DAY 3): Cats in Milton Keynes in urgent need of new homes
Each day of this week, MKFM will be sharing information about some of the local cats that are in need of a new home.
Group with baseball bats steal large quantity of cigarettes from man in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a robbery in Milton Keynes.
Roadworks taking place across Milton Keynes this week
To provide a safe working environment for staff, some temporary road closures and diversions may be necessary.
33-year-old Milton Keynes man charged with carrying knife in public
A Milton Keynes man has been charged with possession of a knife in Milton Keynes.
Man in his 20s stabbed in Milton Keynes town
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an incident of assault in Milton Keynes.
19-year-old from Milton Keynes charged with knife possession following stop and search
A teeanger has been charged overnight with possessing a knife in a public place.
The Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes launches gift list website to help Ukraine hospitals
A new gift list style website has been launched by The Saxon Clinic to match UK donations with a list of urgent supplies requested by a group of Ukraine hospitals on the frontline of war.
Unsuccessful bid for Milton Keynes as six places shortlisted to be home of new Great British Railways
The finalists in the competition to become the home of the new Great British Railways HQ have been announced today (5/7).
Brand new racing-themed roller coaster opens at Milton Keynes theme park
Young thrill seekers with a need for speed are being invited to ride a new race car themed roller coaster at Gulliver’s Land in Milton Keynes.
Innovative Arts Performance to take place featuring young people in Milton Keynes
Members of the public are being invited to an innovative arts performance featuring young people in Milton Keynes.
Double planning award for Milton Keynes Council
Milton Keynes Council has been awarded a fourth planning award.