The MK Secret Sound
The MK Secret Sound is back, you could win some serious cash by working out our mystery sound!
We've already given away over £6,000 in the past twelve months, and now we've got some more cash for one lucky winner!
Our jackpot is now £1,000 which you will win just for identifying our mystery sound.
We play twice a day during weekdays - at 8.15am on The MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia and at 5.15pm on MKFM Drive with Greg Burnet.
Listen to the Secret Sound here
How to Play
To enter, just text MKFM CASH and your name to 81400. It's a standard text message charge.
We'll pick a contestant at random from all the texts received within a period of 7 days. Only one entry per mobile number will be counted in the draw - there's no advantage in sending multiple texts.
If you've been chosen to play, we'll call your mobile number about 15 minutes before the time of the competition.
If you don't answer the phone, we'll then select another contestant at random and your number will stay in the draw for next time.
We will never ask you for your guess until you're playing on air. Any entries which include your guess on the text message will be automatically disqualified.
Once you've played, you can enter again by texting as soon as you've come up with another guess.
In order to qualify for the Breakfast round, texts must be submitted by 7.45am on the day of play. For the Drivetime round, texts must be received by 4.45pm. Entries made after this time will qualify for the next round (unless the prize is subsequently won).
And of course, if you correctly identify the Secret Sound, you'll win the money - in the form of a cheque.
- Trolley chain
- Something coming out of a vending machine
- Fire escape door
- Tennis ball machine
- Auction hammer
- Paintball gun
- A cash register
- Hitting a golf ball
- Clay pigeon machine
- Bolt on a gate
- Nail gun
- Pedal bin
- Bathroom plug
- The hands of a clock ticking
- Shower curtain
- Door knocker
- Safe locking
- Weights bench
- A bag with coins inside
- Connect-4 piece
- Someone throwing a dart at a dart board
- Chip pan
- A metal chain on the back of a door
- Ignition switch on a boiler
- Letter box
- Aluminium Venetian blind
- Bread bin
- Newton's cradle
- Patio doors
- Counter top tin opener
- Ironing board
- Ring binder
- Knife sharpener
- Step ladder
- Fridge magnet
- Door stop
- Stainless steel bread bin
- Egg slicer
- Oven door closing
- Toddler safety gate
- Lid closing on a kettle
- Piggy bank
- Clip-on tie pin
- Candle on a worktop
- A spoon being dropped into metal bowl
- Light switch cord being pulled
- Grill being pushed back into an oven
- Foot pump
- Hair clip
- You may find this in your house.
- This item is an accessory.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds will be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won
- Entries made within 30 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press)
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
Milton Keynes Community Foundation are delighted to announce their Sports Bursary Winner!
This year the winner is, rising athletics star, Ebony Carr!
Snow in Milton Keynes
MKFM has all the latest news and information from across Milton Keynes as heavy snow continues to affect our area.
Milton Keynes Hospital patient services 'operating as normal' today despite snow
Patient services at Milton Keynes University Hospital are currently continuing to operate as usual today, despite a heavy snow fall overnight.