The MK Secret Sound
What is that sound driving Milton Keynes crazy? The MK Secret Sound is back on MKFM with CityFibre this September, and it's worth £1000!
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, you could win £1,000 by simply guessing what the MK Secret Sound is.
Fancy £1000 towards a holiday, pay off some bills, or treat yourself or a loved one?
After Carol correctly guessed the previous MK Secret Sound as 'putting a car locking wheel nut back in its box' earlier in the year (30/03/21), a brand new sound has become the topic of conversation in cars and workplaces across Milton Keynes since it's return to MKFM on Monday 6th September on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia.
Listen to the MK Secret Sound below
How to play
The MK Secret Sound plays every weekday on the MK Breakfast Show at 8.15am.
For your chance to win £1000, thanks to CityFibre, text 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name.
81400 + MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name'
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash!
Some of the incorrect guesses so far
- A bell
- Glass flip top of a Grolsch beer bottle
- Lid of a teapot
- Spoon dropping into a cup
- Dropping a sugar lump into a teacup
- Slide hammer
- Money dropping into a piggy bank
- Putting ice in a glass
- Putting a ring onto a trinket plate
- Dropping a spoon into a bowl
- Putting a teacup onto a saucer
- Bell on a toy telephone
- Glasses clinking together
- Metal sink plug
- Spoon on a teacup
- Ship chain links clinking together
- Black+Decker wrench
- Putting a dumbbell down on the floor
- Metal hook/latch on a gate
- Flipping top of a lighter
- Ceramic tile on a hob
- Dropping teaspoon into bottle of Prosecco (to help keep it fizzy!)
- Lid going on a teapot
- Bicycle bell
- Metal drinking straw on a glass
- Frog clock in Midsummer Place
- Levelling old fashioned weighing scales
- Putting cutlery into a dishwasher drawer
- Old fashioned typewriter
- Ping of a microwave
- Pinball machine
- Weights being stacked
- Weights on weight machine at a gym
- Pop n Hop dice bouncing back
- Loose change jangling around in your pocket
- Putting the top on a teapot
- Putting a cup on a saucer
- Putting a glass lid on top of a glass jar
- Putting a lid on a casserole pot
- Putting the lid on a sugar pot
- Putting money in a glass jar
- Putting the lid on a teapot
- Bottle tops going into a bottle top bin
- Bottle stopper
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be one competition round per day during weekdays at 8.15am.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 6th September 2021.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Work begins on major regeneration of Milton Keynes estate
Work is underway to deliver Milton Keynes’ first regeneration project on the Lakes Estate in Bletchley.
Christian Horner remains at Red Bull Racing after internal investigation
Christian Horner will remain as CEO and Team Principal of Red Bull Racing, with an internal investigation into his behaviour towards a female employee concluded.
IKEA Milton Keynes support Medical Detection Dogs with donation of items
IKEA Milton Keynes has made a donation of items to Medical Detection Dogs, to help the local charity's vital funds go towards training its 'Super Sniffer' pups.
142 illegal vapes seized from shops in Milton Keynes
142 illegal vapes and 49 illegal tobacco products were seized from shops in Milton Keynes.
New NHS campaign launched to encourage people to get help with common mental health problems
A new campaign has been launched in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes to inform local people about dedicated NHS services which can help with common mental health problems.
Residents told to call 999 if they see man with links to Milton Keynes wanted on prison recall
David Broad has links to Milton Keynes and is wanted on prison recall.
Thames Valley Police boss calls on major retailers to stop the sale of e-scooters
Matthew Barber has written to four major retailers (Argos, Currys, Decathlon and Halfords) in an effort to prevent the sale of illegal e-scooters.
Milton Keynes residents hear 'loud bang' as emergency services attend lorry fire at M1 services
Police confirmed that emergency services were on the scene of a lorry fire on the northbound entry to Newport Pagnell services last night (27 February)
Emergency Services Careers Event to be held at Blue Light Hub in Milton Keynes
Residents will have the chance to explore careers within the police force, fire and ambulance services at an event in Milton Keynes next month.
96.90% of premises in Milton Keynes South now upgraded to Gigabit Broadband
Iain Stewart MP has welcomed the news that 96.90% of premises in Milton Keynes South now have access to superfast broadband.
Eastenders to air special episodes with storyline set in Milton Keynes
Eastenders has announced it is set to air special episodes with a storyline set in Milton Keynes, as Whitney and Zack pay a visit to Bianca.
Police to host community forum in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police will be hosting a community forum in the Great Linford parish next week.