The MK Secret Sound
What is that sound driving Milton Keynes crazy? The MK Secret Sound is back on MKFM with CityFibre this September, and it's worth £1000!
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, you could win £1,000 by simply guessing what the MK Secret Sound is.
Fancy £1000 towards a holiday, pay off some bills, or treat yourself or a loved one?
After Carol correctly guessed the previous MK Secret Sound as 'putting a car locking wheel nut back in its box' earlier in the year (30/03/21), a brand new sound has become the topic of conversation in cars and workplaces across Milton Keynes since it's return to MKFM on Monday 6th September on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia.
Listen to the MK Secret Sound below
How to play
The MK Secret Sound plays every weekday on the MK Breakfast Show at 8.15am.
For your chance to win £1000, thanks to CityFibre, text 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name.
81400 + MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name'
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash!
Some of the incorrect guesses so far
- A bell
- Glass flip top of a Grolsch beer bottle
- Lid of a teapot
- Spoon dropping into a cup
- Dropping a sugar lump into a teacup
- Slide hammer
- Money dropping into a piggy bank
- Putting ice in a glass
- Putting a ring onto a trinket plate
- Dropping a spoon into a bowl
- Putting a teacup onto a saucer
- Bell on a toy telephone
- Glasses clinking together
- Metal sink plug
- Spoon on a teacup
- Ship chain links clinking together
- Black+Decker wrench
- Putting a dumbbell down on the floor
- Metal hook/latch on a gate
- Flipping top of a lighter
- Ceramic tile on a hob
- Dropping teaspoon into bottle of Prosecco (to help keep it fizzy!)
- Lid going on a teapot
- Bicycle bell
- Metal drinking straw on a glass
- Frog clock in Midsummer Place
- Levelling old fashioned weighing scales
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be one competition round per day during weekdays at 8.15am.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 6th September 2021.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Police called to Central Milton Keynes following reports of male with a knife
Neighbourhood and Armed response officers were deployed to the City Centre following reports of a male with a knife.
Budget 2021 key points: Alcohol, fuel and tax changes revealed
Here are the key points from Chancellor Rishi Sunak's budget speech:
Milton Keynes Council set to reveal six-year action plan progress
Milton Keynes Council is set to reveal the progress being made against its ambitious six-year action plan.
56 brand new electric buses coming to Milton Keynes following successful bid
Milton Keynes will be home to a brand new fleet of fully electric buses following a successful bid from MK Council.
Milton Keynes nightclub releases official statement following reports of injection incident
Milton Keynes nightclub, Pink Punters, has released a statement on social media following the confirmation of an injection incident.
The National Museum of Computing in Milton Keynes launches brand new escape room experience
The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC), an independent charity, has today announced the launch of its exhilarating Escape Room Packages.
Milton Keynes charity host night of live music with Boneyard Karma
MK SNAP, a local charity working with adults with learning disabilities and specialist needs, are hosting a night of live music on Friday 3rd December from 7.30pm.
Children in Milton Keynes invited to swap out used halloween costumes at local coffee house
MK Swap Shop's costume swap rail allows children to swap their Halloween outfits and learn about a more sustainable version of getting ready for spooky season.
MK Community Foundation and National Hockey Foundation launch fund to support local sports clubs
A fund has been launched at Milton Keynes Community Foundation in partnership with the National Hockey Foundation to provide support to local charity groups and sports clubs in MK.
Milton Keynes GP surgery says its doctors are under ‘immense’ pressure
A Labour councillor raised residents’ concerns about quality of service at Wolverton Health Centre during a ‘productive’ meeting this month.
Police appeal for witnesses following aggravated burglary in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses after an aggravated burglary that occurred in Stoke Hammond, Milton Keynes.
Police increase patrols around Milton Keynes town following reports of theft related incidents
Police say they are aware of concerns raised over an increase in reports of theft related incidents in the Olney and Lavendon area.
You May Have Missed
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.