The MK Secret Sound
What is that sound driving Milton Keynes crazy? The MK Secret Sound returns to MKFM with CityFibre on Monday 8th March, and it's worth £1000!
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, you could win £1,000 by simply guessing what the MK Secret Sound is.
Fancy £1000 to pay off some bills, save for a rainy day, or treat yourself or a loved one?
After the MK Secret Sound wasn't guessed correctly before Christmas, it returns as soon as the children go back to school (08/03) on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia. Be sure to tune in to MKFM as the MK Secret Sound returns and becomes the topic of conversation in cars and workplaces across Milton Keynes.
How to play
The MK Secret Sound plays twice a day, on the MK Breakfast Show at 8.15am and on MKFM Drive at 5.15pm.
For your chance to win £1000, thanks to CityFibre, text 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name.
81400 + MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name'
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash!
Some of the incorrect guesses so far
- Date stamp
- Self-inking stamp
- Pet flap
- Briefcase closing
- Shuffling a pack of cards
- Hole punch
- Door closing
- Car central locking
- An apple
- Closing of a washing detergent container
- Bubble wrap
- Slot machine
- PVC door
- Credit card rub machine
- Shuffling paper
- Closing a cupboard door
- Seat belt release button
- Letter box
- Staple gun
- Can of Pringles being popped open
- Door catch
- Pricing gun
- Clock ticking
- Bathroom light pull
- Hand sanitiser unit
- Door opening
- Plug going into a wall socket
- Printing press
- Double locking a door
- Velux window
- Vending machine
- Ring pull
- Pressing basin waste
- Landline phone
- Scooter going over the pavement
- Tupperware container clicking open/closed
- Hotel room key card slot
- Clicking of a pen
- Slot machine (one arm bandit)
- Reloading a gun
- Back gate opening/closing
- Tap dancing
- Clocking in machine
- Cassette tape
- Percolator jug
- Slide projector carousel
- Cash machine
- Shuffling papers
- Cigarette lighter
- Post office stamp
- Car glovebox closing
- Closing dishwasher door
- Closing car door
- Petrol cap
- Opening the car bonnet
- Car handbrake
- Turning a key in a car lock
- Moving car seat back and forth
- Train door
- Adjusting car head rest
- Hazard lights
- Turning headlights on
- Ejecting seat belt
- Petrol pump
- Car cup holder
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 7th September 2020.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
30 coronavirus cases and one virus-linked death announced in Milton Keynes today
There were 30 new coronavirus cases and one virus-linked death announced in Milton Keynes today, according to the latest data.
People aged 56 and over in Milton Keynes can now book a coronavirus vaccine online
Anyone aged 56 years and older in Milton Keynes can now book a coronavirus vaccine online.
Women's Partnership of Milton Keynes to host online International Women's Day conference
The newly formed group is set to host the online "MK Women's Voices" event on Sunday 7th March to celebrate the roles and achievements of local women.
Tree planting campaign by Captain Sir Tom Moore's family raises over £100,000 in a week
The Trees for Tom initiative was set up by his family in order to pay respect to Captain Sir Tom Moore's incredible life and the legacy he leaves behind.
Firefighters attend the scene after collision between car and van on Milton Keynes estate
At 2:58PM yesterday afternoon (05/03), a car and a van collided on the Newport Pagnell to Chicheley bypass.
NHS invites all Milton Keynes citizens who are unsure about the COVID-19 vaccine to an online Q&A
The NHS is hoping to dispel any confusing or scary rumours surrounding the COVID-19 jab and encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated.
32 coronavirus cases and two virus-linked deaths announced in Milton Keynes today
There were 32 new coronavirus cases and two virus-linked deaths announced in Milton Keynes today, according to the latest data.
Milton Keynes pub and residents have raised money for defibrillator in village
Regulars of the Nags Head in Great Linford and local residents have banded together to help raise the money for a defibrillator for the village.
New report warns Government not to take Milton Keynes’s post-Covid economic recovery for granted
A new report published by the Centre for Cities and Fast Growth Cities also sets out a blueprint for Milton Keynes post-Covid recovery.
TRAVEL: Section of A509 from Milton Keynes to Olney closed
A section of the A509 from Milton Keynes towards Olney is closed this afternoon (5/3).
Police release CCTV footage of suspects in Milton Keynes robbery where victim was stabbed
Thames Valley Police is releasing CCTV footage in a renewed appeal for witnesses following a robbery in Oxley Park.
Milton Keynes dog owners advised to remain vigilant as puppy is stolen from neighbouring town
Dog owners are advised to remain vigilant as police are currently investigating the theft of a puppy in Northampton.
You May Have Missed
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.