The MK Secret Sound
What is that sound driving Milton Keynes crazy? The MK Secret Sound returns to MKFM with CityFibre on Monday 8th March, and it's worth £1000!
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, you could win £1,000 by simply guessing what the MK Secret Sound is.
Fancy £1000 to pay off some bills, save for a rainy day, or treat yourself or a loved one?
After the MK Secret Sound wasn't guessed correctly before Christmas, it returns as soon as the children go back to school (08/03) on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia. Be sure to tune in to MKFM as the MK Secret Sound returns and becomes the topic of conversation in cars and workplaces across Milton Keynes.
How to play
The MK Secret Sound plays twice a day, on the MK Breakfast Show at 8.15am and on MKFM Drive at 5.15pm.
For your chance to win £1000, thanks to CityFibre, text 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name.
81400 + MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name'
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash!
Some of the incorrect guesses so far
- Date stamp
- Self-inking stamp
- Pet flap
- Briefcase closing
- Shuffling a pack of cards
- Hole punch
- Door closing
- Car central locking
- An apple
- Closing of a washing detergent container
- Bubble wrap
- Slot machine
- PVC door
- Credit card rub machine
- Shuffling paper
- Closing a cupboard door
- Seat belt release button
- Letter box
- Staple gun
- Can of Pringles being popped open
- Door catch
- Pricing gun
- Clock ticking
- Bathroom light pull
- Hand sanitiser unit
- Door opening
- Plug going into a wall socket
- Printing press
- Double locking a door
- Velux window
- Vending machine
- Ring pull
- Pressing basin waste
- Landline phone
- Scooter going over the pavement
- Tupperware container clicking open/closed
- Hotel room key card slot
- Clicking of a pen
- Slot machine (one arm bandit)
- Reloading a gun
- Back gate opening/closing
- Tap dancing
- Clocking in machine
- Cassette tape
- Percolator jug
- Slide projector carousel
- Cash machine
- Shuffling papers
- Cigarette lighter
- Post office stamp
- Car glovebox closing
- Closing dishwasher door
- Closing car door
- Petrol cap
- Opening the car bonnet
- Car handbrake
- Turning a key in a car lock
- Moving car seat back and forth
- Train door
- Adjusting car head rest
- Hazard lights
- Turning headlights on
- Ejecting seat belt
- Petrol pump
- Car cup holder
- Windscreen wipers
- Locking phone
- Pedal bin
- Speed bump
- Formula 1 using a locking wheel nut
- Tightening or loosening a locking wheel nut
- Putting a jack back in the car
- Locking steering wheel column
- Car child lock
- Putting a plastic hubcap back on
- Using a torque wrench
- Puncture repair kit
- Car lift in a garage
- Washing machine door catch
- Removing the locking wheel nut from the nut
- Replacing the cap on a locking wheel nut
- Tightening a locking wheel nut with a torque wrench
- Sliding interior doors
- Putting a locking wheel nut on the nut
- Getting a locking wheel nut out of the box
- Steering wheel on an F1 car
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 7th September 2020.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
The event to inspire sustainable living is coming to Milton Keynes shopping centre
Green Live is hosting a three-day FREE to attend event at centre:mk Milton Keynes putting the spotlight on eco-friendly brands, products, and services to inspire sustainable living.
Dobbies Milton Keynes launches 2021 festive events programme
With colder months on the way, Dobbies Garden Centres launches its events for the festive season, with booking open now in the Milton Keynes store.
Milton Keynes charity create an arts collective to tackle Covid-19 isolation
Milton Keynes City Discovery Centre (MKCDC) have joined forces with acclaimed musician Cathal Smyth, formerly of Madness, in an ambitious new music venture.
Tesco Shoppers in Milton Keynes help to donate nearly 2,000 meals
Generous Tesco shoppers in Milton Keynes have been thanked for their ‘incredible compassion’ after donating food to children and families this summer.
Plans to create more 'genuinely affordable housing' in Milton Keynes moves step closer
Milton Keynes Council's Progressive Alliance's plans to develop more 'genuinely affordable' housing for local families will move a step closer next week.
Launch night officially opens Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards 2022
On 16 September 2021, Milton Keynes Business Leaders Partnership (MKBLP) announced the return of the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards (MKBAA) 2022 at a launch event held in the atrium at Saxon Court.
Stadium MK to host recruitment day next Wednesday 29th September
Stadium MK are hosting an open day on Wednesday 29 September 2021 from 8am – 6pm. It’s the perfect opportunity for anyone searching for a career or just simply a change of job.
Full cast revealed for Dreamgirls coming to Milton Keynes Theatre early next year
The full cast has been revealed for the first ever UK tour of the dazzling, multi-award winning west end production of Dreamgirls, coming to Milton Keynes Theatre in 2022.
Milton Keynes charity now offer free training for local workplaces to further understand Domestic Abuse
With over 1.9million people in the UK experiencing domestic abuse year on year, MK Act are committed to raising awareness & educating professionals & the public.
Thames Valley Police appeal for witnesses following attempted child abduction in Milton Keynes
The offence happened on a footpath between Lowndes Grove in Shenley Church End and Old Bell Lane in Loughton, Milton Keynes, at 2.45pm on Wednesday.
Four arrested following burglary reports in Milton Keynes estate
TVP responded to reports of a burglary in the early hours of the this morning (18/9).
Brand new MK Museum exhibition celebrates women and sport in Milton Keynes
The exhibition called ‘Women in Sport’ is at MK Museum’s new gallery until the end of September 2021.
You May Have Missed
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.