The MK Secret Sound is back!
What is that sound driving Milton Keynes crazy? The MK Secret Sound returns to MKFM with CityFibre this September, and this time it’s worth £1000!
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, you could win £1,000 by simply guessing what the MK Secret Sound is.
Fancy £1000 to pay off some bills, head away on holiday or maybe put towards…Christmas?
Starting on Monday 7th September at 8.15am on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia, be sure to be listening as the MK Secret Sound is revealed for the first time and quickly becomes the topic of conversation in cars and workplaces across Milton Keynes.
How to play
The MK Secret Sound plays twice a day, on the MK Breakfast Show at 8.15am and on MKFM Drive at 5.15pm.
For your chance to win £1000, thanks to CityFibre, text 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name.
81400 + MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name'
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash!
Some of the incorrect guesses so far
- Date stamp
- Self-inking stamp
- Pet flap
- Briefcase closing
- Shuffling a pack of cards
- Hole punch
- Door closing
- Car central locking
- An apple
- Closing of a washing detergent container
- Slot machine
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 7th September 2020.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
It only takes a few to spoil it for the majority, says Mayor of Milton Keynes as he makes public appeal
The Mayor of Milton Keynes has issued a public appeal to local residents urging them to follow Government guidance "however much it frustrates and perplexes".
Police arrest three people after discovering cannabis farm in Milton Keynes flat
Cannabis is the most widely used illegal drug in the UK, and police are often called out to reports of it growing in the area.
GPs in Milton Keynes will be offering 'at risk' individuals a free flu jab
This comes as our local MPs, Ben Everitt and Iain Stewart, are calling on eligible residents to take part in the Government's largest ever flu vaccination programme this winter.
Chief vows Milton Keynes Hospital will 'come back stronger next year' after technology crash silences virtual meeting
Sometimes it feels like that if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong.
Milton Keynes Hospital ‘ready for covid second wave – if it comes’
Hospital staff in Milton Keynes are ready to deal with a second wave of COVID-19 if the Government’s latest semi-lockdown measures don’t work, a meeting heard.
Commotion at Milton Keynes supermarket as two cars collide
There was some commotion at Asda in Bletchley this afternoon (23/9) as two cars appear to have collided head first.
Captain Tom Foundation to support Willen Hospice
Captain Sir Tom Moore and his family have announced that Willen Hospice will be one of four charities to benefit from their new charitable Foundation, launched last week.
These are the Christmas Grotto's opening in Milton Keynes this year
Following the news that the popular Grotto at Frosts Garden Centre sold out in under two hours, we thought we'd take a look at the others happening this year...
Milton Keynes Theatre postpones much-anticipated pantomime with Diversity until next year
Milton Keynes Theatre has postponed this year's pantomime, which was set to star the dance crew Diversity, until 2021.
Special needs school in Milton Keynes closes after staff test positive for COVID-19
The Redway School in Milton Keynes has temporarily closed after staff members have tested positive for COVID-19.
One person is being treated for coronavirus at Milton Keynes Hospital, a meeting heard
There is currently one person being treated for coronavirus at Milton Keynes University Hospital, a meeting has heard.
Thousands of Milton Keynes homes pilot new waste collection system
Milton Keynes Council will be trying out a new cleaner, greener and safer waste collection system in 3000 MK homes from Monday 26 October.
You May Have Missed
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
- How To Listen To MKFM
- MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
- Contact Us
- Complaints Procedure
- Competition Terms and Conditions
© 2020 MKFM Limited - Radio Made In Milton Keynes. Powered by Aiir.