The MK Secret Sound has been WON!
Debbz guessed the MK Secret Sound correctly on the MK Breakfast Show today (25/11) and has won £1000 thanks to CityFibre.
It's the sound that's been driving Milton Keynes crazy over the last few months. After lots of great guesses from listeners, today (25/11) Debbz guessed the MK Secret Sound correctly!
So what was the MK Secret Sound?
Putting the lid on a decanter.
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, Debbz said she would enjoy sharing her £1000 winnings with her family over Christmas.
Listen to the moment Debbz won the cash!
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Some of the incorrect guesses (this list is not comprehensive)
- A bell
- Glass flip top of a Grolsch beer bottle
- Lid of a teapot
- Spoon dropping into a cup
- Dropping a sugar lump into a teacup
- Slide hammer
- Money dropping into a piggy bank
- Putting ice in a glass
- Putting a ring onto a trinket plate
- Dropping a spoon into a bowl
- Putting a teacup onto a saucer
- Bell on a toy telephone
- Glasses clinking together
- Metal sink plug
- Spoon on a teacup
- Ship chain links clinking together
- Black+Decker wrench
- Putting a dumbbell down on the floor
- Metal hook/latch on a gate
- Flipping top of a lighter
- Ceramic tile on a hob
- Dropping teaspoon into bottle of Prosecco (to help keep it fizzy!)
- Lid going on a teapot
- Bicycle bell
- Metal drinking straw on a glass
- Frog clock in Midsummer Place
- Levelling old fashioned weighing scales
- Putting cutlery into a dishwasher drawer
- Old fashioned typewriter
- Ping of a microwave
- Pinball machine
- Weights being stacked
- Weights on weight machine at a gym
- Pop n Hop dice bouncing back
- Loose change jangling around in your pocket
- Putting the top on a teapot
- Putting a cup on a saucer
- Putting a glass lid on top of a glass jar
- Putting a lid on a casserole pot
- Putting the lid on a sugar pot
- Putting money in a glass jar
- Putting the lid on a teapot
- Bottle tops going into a bottle top bin
- Bottle stopper
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be one competition round per day during weekdays at 8.15am.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 6th September 2021.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Seven children in Milton Keynes arrested as part of operation against knife crime in one month
Last month, Thames Valley Police launched a youth pilot in a bid to divert children in Milton Keynes from knife crime.
Finalists announced for Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards 2023
The esteemed judging panel for Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards 2023 has announced the finalists for this year’s awards taking place on Thursday 23 March at Stadium MK.
£1 million to go towards supermarket vouchers for struggling Milton Keynes families
Milton Keynes City Council is allocating over £1m of government funding to provide supermarket vouchers for struggling families during the school holidays and days of industrial action taken by teachers.
Police launch youth pilot operation in bid to divert children in Milton Keynes from knife crime
Thames Valley Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) say they continue to see positive results from Operation Deter.
Plans to transform urban park in Central Milton Keynes
Work is underway to completely transform CMK’s only urban park into a wildlife haven which can be used by local residents and businesses.
Green light for 'green homes' in Milton Keynes
More than 300 homes in Netherfield are set to benefit from some of the highest quality energy efficiency upgrades available in the UK.
Police appeal for specific witness following exposure incident in Milton Keynes supermarket
Thames Valley Police is appealing for a specific witness to an exposure incident in Milton Keynes to come forward.
Milton Keynes MP rejects chance to join MKFM levelling up debate with Labour candidate
MKFM invited the MP for Milton Keynes South and the Labour Parliamentary Candidate in for a live debate following the news that the city was unsuccessful in its bid for university funding.
A World Divided comes to Milton Keynes Theatre this April
The epic storytelling of Les Mis meets the intensity of War of the Worlds with all the fun of Rocky Horror, as A World Divided comes to Milton Keynes Theatre from 17th April.
Viral lash brand brings 'TikTok famous' vending machine to Milton Keynes shopping centre
Midsummer Place has welcomed the TikTok famous lash vending machine brand Meggi Lashes this week.
Planning permission refused for new housing to be built on former Travis Perkins site in Milton Keynes
Planning permission for the demolition of a building supplies warehouse to make way for new housing in Bletchley has been refused.
Milton Keynes City Council on course to be carbon neutral by 2030
Energy efficient council homes, LED street lighting and generating renewable energy through a solar farm all form part of Milton Keynes City Council’s strategy to be a 'world leading sustainable city'.