WIN £2000 Cash on The MKFM Secret Sound with 12th Street ‘Where the fun begins’
Someone in Milton Keynes is guaranteed to win before Christmas!
What is that sound that’s going to drive Milton Keynes crazy this autumn? The MK Secret Sound returns to MKFM with 12th Street.
The Secret Sound has been on radio longer than time itself, but it still gets people talking and this time, it could sort out Christmas or pay your energy bills.
Fancy £2000 to pay off some bills, save for a rainy day, or treat yourself or a loved one?
How to play
The MK Secret Sound plays on the MK Breakfast Show Monday to Friday at 8.15am
For your chance to win £2000, thanks to 12th Street, text 81400, starting your message with MKFM SOUND and your name (do NOT text your answer)
81400 + MKFM + SOUND + 'Your Name'
Or you can call 01908 230 149, press option 1 and say ‘’ I want to play the Secret Sound ‘’ and leave your name
We could be calling you on-air for your chance to win the cash!
Here is the Sound
The first round will be played at 8:15 on Monday 17th October 2022.
Some of the incorrect guesses so far
- Lighting a match
- Soft closing cabinet from Ikea
- Staple remover
- Scissors cutting material
- Loading up a Nerf gun
- Rubber stamp
- Pushing buttons on tape cassette
- Pogo stick
- Paper hole punch
- Catches on a briefcase
- Car central locking system
- Cutting cabbage with a knife
- Manual credit card imprinter
- Hand powered Dynamo torch
- Pushing button down on a toaster
- Closing double glazing door
- Putting staples into a stapler
- Tearing off a yoghurt pot lid
- Self inking stamp
- Labelling gun
- Cash register
- Seatbelt buckle
- Shovel digging the garden
- Pricing gun
- Hands on a clock
- Gear stick in a car
- A zipper
- Clicking a pen
Terms and Conditions
- MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM - MKFM Terms and Conditions
- In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile or landline number will be accepted each day.
- There will be one competition rounds per day during at 8.15am Monday to Friday
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 30 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Tuesday 11th October 2022.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement.
- If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of 12th Street are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Police 'increasingly concerned' for 17-year-old missing from Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for help in locating a missing boy from Milton Keynes.
MK Dons SET launch Christmas Hamper Initiative to support families and individuals in Milton Keynes
MK Dons Sport & Education Trust and a number of local partners, including Suzuki GB will come together again this Christmas to provide hampers for local families in need.
Gully cleaning and road repairs taking place across Milton Keynes
Here is a list of roadworks Milton Keynes Council will be carrying out across the city over the next few weeks.
Affordable housing plans for former fire and police station site in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes City Council has published a Draft Development Brief which outlines planning guidance for prospective developers of the former fire and police station site on Sherwood Drive.
Councillors crack down on 'poor and dangerous' parking in Milton Keynes residential areas
Conservative Councillors within the Tattenhoe ward have been working with Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue to crack down on 'poor and dangerous' parking.
Construction to begin on local centre in new Milton Keynes estate
A new local centre in Fairfields is set to start construction after it was granted planning permission by Milton Keynes City Council.
Brother of Stephen Lawrence speaks about early intervention knife crime education at Milton Keynes Safety Centre
Dr Stuart Laurence spoke at the Safety Centre charity last week about the importance of early intervention knife crime education and the charity’s lifesaving work.
Milton Keynes man sentenced to life in prison for murder of 21-year-old
Following a Thames Valley Police investigation, a man has been sentenced for the murder of 21-year-old Joseph Tayaye in Milton Keynes in March.
Police release CCTV images after man in 70s has wallet stolen in Milton Keynes town
Thames Valley Police is releasing images of two men officers would like to speak to after a wallet was stolen in Olney.
Police appeal for further information following number of arsons overnight in Milton Keynes
Police are appealing for further witnesses following a number of arsons in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes College students are to appear on BBC’s Countryfile
Students from Milton Keynes College will be appearing on national TV this week, on Sunday’s episode of Countryfile on BBC One.
Milton Keynes City Council team receives national award for high impact youth justice work
A City Council team that works with young people in or at risk of entering the justice system, has been recognised with a national award.