The MK Secret Sound has been WON!
Carol guessed the MK Secret Sound correctly on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia today (30/03) and has won £1000 thanks to CityFibre.
It's the sound that's been driving Milton Keynes crazy over the last 7 months. After lots of great guesses from listeners, today (30/03) Carol guessed the MK Secret Sound correctly!
So what was the MK Secret Sound?
Putting a car locking wheel nut back in its box!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, Carol said she would enjoy sharing her £1000 winnings with her family.
Listen to the moment Carol won the cash!
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Some of the incorrect guesses (this list is not comprehensive)
- Date stamp
- Self-inking stamp
- Pet flap
- Briefcase closing
- Shuffling a pack of cards
- Hole punch
- Door closing
- Car central locking
- An apple
- Closing of a washing detergent container
- Bubble wrap
- Slot machine
- PVC door
- Credit card rub machine
- Shuffling paper
- Closing a cupboard door
- Seat belt release button
- Letter box
- Staple gun
- Can of Pringles being popped open
- Door catch
- Pricing gun
- Clock ticking
- Bathroom light pull
- Hand sanitiser unit
- Door opening
- Plug going into a wall socket
- Printing press
- Double locking a door
- Velux window
- Vending machine
- Ring pull
- Pressing basin waste
- Landline phone
- Scooter going over the pavement
- Tupperware container clicking open/closed
- Hotel room key card slot
- Clicking of a pen
- Slot machine (one arm bandit)
- Reloading a gun
- Back gate opening/closing
- Tap dancing
- Clocking in machine
- Cassette tape
- Percolator jug
- Slide projector carousel
- Cash machine
- Shuffling papers
- Cigarette lighter
- Post office stamp
- Car glovebox closing
- Closing dishwasher door
- Closing car door
- Petrol cap
- Opening the car bonnet
- Car handbrake
- Turning a key in a car lock
- Moving car seat back and forth
- Train door
- Adjusting car head rest
- Hazard lights
- Turning headlights on
- Ejecting seat belt
- Petrol pump
- Car cup holder
- Windscreen wipers
- Locking phone
- Pedal bin
- Speed bump
- Formula 1 using a locking wheel nut
- Tightening or loosening a locking wheel nut
- Putting a jack back in the car
- Locking steering wheel column
- Car child lock
- Putting a plastic hubcap back on
- Using a torque wrench
- Puncture repair kit
- Car lift in a garage
- Washing machine door catch
- Removing the locking wheel nut from the nut
- Replacing the cap on a locking wheel nut
- Tightening a locking wheel nut with a torque wrench
- Sliding interior doors
- Putting a locking wheel nut on the nut
- Getting a locking wheel nut out of the box
- Steering wheel on an F1 car
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 7th September 2020.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Seven children in Milton Keynes arrested as part of operation against knife crime in one month
Last month, Thames Valley Police launched a youth pilot in a bid to divert children in Milton Keynes from knife crime.
Finalists announced for Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards 2023
The esteemed judging panel for Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards 2023 has announced the finalists for this year’s awards taking place on Thursday 23 March at Stadium MK.
£1 million to go towards supermarket vouchers for struggling Milton Keynes families
Milton Keynes City Council is allocating over £1m of government funding to provide supermarket vouchers for struggling families during the school holidays and days of industrial action taken by teachers.
Police launch youth pilot operation in bid to divert children in Milton Keynes from knife crime
Thames Valley Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) say they continue to see positive results from Operation Deter.
Plans to transform urban park in Central Milton Keynes
Work is underway to completely transform CMK’s only urban park into a wildlife haven which can be used by local residents and businesses.
Green light for 'green homes' in Milton Keynes
More than 300 homes in Netherfield are set to benefit from some of the highest quality energy efficiency upgrades available in the UK.
Police appeal for specific witness following exposure incident in Milton Keynes supermarket
Thames Valley Police is appealing for a specific witness to an exposure incident in Milton Keynes to come forward.
Milton Keynes MP rejects chance to join MKFM levelling up debate with Labour candidate
MKFM invited the MP for Milton Keynes South and the Labour Parliamentary Candidate in for a live debate following the news that the city was unsuccessful in its bid for university funding.
A World Divided comes to Milton Keynes Theatre this April
The epic storytelling of Les Mis meets the intensity of War of the Worlds with all the fun of Rocky Horror, as A World Divided comes to Milton Keynes Theatre from 17th April.
Viral lash brand brings 'TikTok famous' vending machine to Milton Keynes shopping centre
Midsummer Place has welcomed the TikTok famous lash vending machine brand Meggi Lashes this week.
Planning permission refused for new housing to be built on former Travis Perkins site in Milton Keynes
Planning permission for the demolition of a building supplies warehouse to make way for new housing in Bletchley has been refused.
Milton Keynes City Council on course to be carbon neutral by 2030
Energy efficient council homes, LED street lighting and generating renewable energy through a solar farm all form part of Milton Keynes City Council’s strategy to be a 'world leading sustainable city'.