The MK Secret Sound has been WON!
Carol guessed the MK Secret Sound correctly on the MK Breakfast Show with Darren and Lia today (30/03) and has won £1000 thanks to CityFibre.
It's the sound that's been driving Milton Keynes crazy over the last 7 months. After lots of great guesses from listeners, today (30/03) Carol guessed the MK Secret Sound correctly!
So what was the MK Secret Sound?
Putting a car locking wheel nut back in its box!
Thanks to CityFibre, the UK's largest alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities, Carol said she would enjoy sharing her £1000 winnings with her family.
Listen to the moment Carol won the cash!
Listen to the MK Secret Sound here
Some of the incorrect guesses (this list is not comprehensive)
- Date stamp
- Self-inking stamp
- Pet flap
- Briefcase closing
- Shuffling a pack of cards
- Hole punch
- Door closing
- Car central locking
- An apple
- Closing of a washing detergent container
- Bubble wrap
- Slot machine
- PVC door
- Credit card rub machine
- Shuffling paper
- Closing a cupboard door
- Seat belt release button
- Letter box
- Staple gun
- Can of Pringles being popped open
- Door catch
- Pricing gun
- Clock ticking
- Bathroom light pull
- Hand sanitiser unit
- Door opening
- Plug going into a wall socket
- Printing press
- Double locking a door
- Velux window
- Vending machine
- Ring pull
- Pressing basin waste
- Landline phone
- Scooter going over the pavement
- Tupperware container clicking open/closed
- Hotel room key card slot
- Clicking of a pen
- Slot machine (one arm bandit)
- Reloading a gun
- Back gate opening/closing
- Tap dancing
- Clocking in machine
- Cassette tape
- Percolator jug
- Slide projector carousel
- Cash machine
- Shuffling papers
- Cigarette lighter
- Post office stamp
- Car glovebox closing
- Closing dishwasher door
- Closing car door
- Petrol cap
- Opening the car bonnet
- Car handbrake
- Turning a key in a car lock
- Moving car seat back and forth
- Train door
- Adjusting car head rest
- Hazard lights
- Turning headlights on
- Ejecting seat belt
- Petrol pump
- Car cup holder
- Windscreen wipers
- Locking phone
- Pedal bin
- Speed bump
- Formula 1 using a locking wheel nut
- Tightening or loosening a locking wheel nut
- Putting a jack back in the car
- Locking steering wheel column
- Car child lock
- Putting a plastic hubcap back on
- Using a torque wrench
- Puncture repair kit
- Car lift in a garage
- Washing machine door catch
- Removing the locking wheel nut from the nut
- Replacing the cap on a locking wheel nut
- Tightening a locking wheel nut with a torque wrench
- Sliding interior doors
- Putting a locking wheel nut on the nut
- Getting a locking wheel nut out of the box
- Steering wheel on an F1 car
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the MK Secret Sound competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Only one entry per mobile number will be accepted each day.
- There will be two competition rounds per day during weekdays, at 8.15am and 5.15pm.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control (e.g. loss of transmission, urgent breaking news, studio emergencies, etc) we reserve the right to run the competition at the earliest opportunity after these times - in the event that this is necessary, it will be announced on air.
- Competition rounds may be recorded shortly before transmission.
- If you fail to answer the telephone when we call you, you will be deemed to have forfeited your opportunity to play and be re-entered in the draw to play in the event that the prize is not won.
- Entries made within 15 minutes of the competition execution time will not be included in the draw, however, in the event that the prize is not won, they will be included in the next competition round.
- Entries are open from Monday 7th September 2020.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photo calls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area, please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter. Staff and relatives of employees of CityFibre are also excluded from entering this specific competition.
- The incorrect guess list does not contain every incorrect guess we have had so far, it is just a selection of these.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Animatronic dinosaurs set to descend upon 'roarsome' funfair at Willen Lake in Milton Keynes
Animatronic dinosaurs will be descending upon Willen Lake's summer funfair for one day only during the summer holidays.
Amateur photographers in Milton Keynes encouraged to take part in annual photography competition
Amateur photographers are being encouraged to take some snaps of local landscapes as part of The Parks Trust's annual photography competition.
Person operating mini digger accidentally causes gas leak after damaging pipe in Milton Keynes town
A person operating a mini digger caused a small gas leak yesterday (28/7) after accidentally damaging a pipe in Bletchley.
Last chance to see detailed replica of the Earth in late-night showing at Milton Keynes shopping centre
It is the final opportunity for people to see a detailed replica of the Earth in a late-night showing tonight (29/7).
Grease The Musical: Peter Andre to appear in four shows at Milton Keynes Theatre next month
Milton Keynes Theatre has revealed the four dates that pop star Peter Andre will be performing in the production of Grease next month.
Milton Keynes leisure centre and gym to receive £200,000 upgrade
Woughton Leisure Centre will be getting a state-of-the-art gym following a £200,000 investment to improve the facilities.
Milton Keynes-based domestic abuse charity receives donation from Amazon to help local victims
A domestic abuse charity, called MK Act, has received a £1,000 donation from Amazon's local fulfilment centre.
Walk-in vaccination clinic to be held at university near Milton Keynes for one day only
There will be a walk-in vaccination clinic at Cranfield University, which is just down the road from Milton Keynes, on Friday (30/7).
The Parks Trust to host family crafts sessions every week in Milton Keynes woodland this summer
You could be making wildflower seed parcels, creating compostable plant pots, or even building bug hotels this summer with The Parks Trust!
Free rapid tests still available at Milton Keynes Library
Since March, Milton Keynes residents have been able to collect up to 14 free rapid tests from MK Library every weekday.
Thames Valley Police force gain nearly 300 new recruits
The news comes as part of the Prime Minister's pledge for 20,000 extra recruits by 2023.
Less than two weeks to go until Willen Hospice Moo Weekender, sponsored by Specsavers MK
Willen Hospice is counting down the days until their 80s themed Moo Weekender event on 6 and 7 August.
You May Have Missed
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.