Two men jailed after vicious attacks in Milton Keynes

Following an investigation by Thames Valley Police, two men have been sentenced prison after they were convicted of robbery and wounding in Milton Keynes.

Brandon Hedges, aged 24 and David Wright, aged 42, both of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to a count each of robbery and section 18 grievous bodily harm with intent in a hearing at Aylesbury Crown Court in November 2022.

Returning to the same court on Wednesday (31/5), they were each subsequently sentenced to eight years and one month in prison.

Hedges was also sentenced to two years and eight months’ imprisonment for being concerned in the supply of cocaine and cannabis, with the sentence to run consecutively.

The offences involved two separate victims in the early hours of 16 January last year.

The first victim, a man aged 55, was walking home from a night out in Central Milton Keynes when he was approached on the overbridge from Bradwell Common into Conniburrow by Hedges and Wright.

He was assaulted for a sustained period of time and left with serious injuries at the side of the redway, having had a number of items stolen, including bank cards, which were used to buy alcohol and tobacco from a nearby petrol station.

He was found later unconscious by a passer-by on her way to work, having suffered severe head injuries and severe bruising to his torso and legs.

The second victim, a 29-year-old man, was outside of McDonalds at Xscape when he was set upon by Hedges and Wright, who broke a bottle over his head and then used the broken glass to inflict a number of puncture wounds to his arms and body.

Hedges and Wright were arrested on the same day and charged on 17 January 2022.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Greg Hughes of Milton Keynes CID said: “These two offences were extremely violent and was a set of events which started when the first victim had the misfortune of bumping into these two dangerous individuals.

“They showed total disregard to the welfare of the first victim, beating him for a period of over 30 minutes and dragging him along the floor before taking his belongings and leaving him for dead in freezing temperatures.

“They have then gone on a spending spree and have hung around outside the McDonalds and took it upon themselves to attack the second victim with bottles of alcohol, using the broken neck of a bottle to stab him a number of times.

“Due to the search and early arrest by officers of the Milton Keynes reactive teams, the stolen property and forensic evidence was recovered quickly which forced Hedges and Wright to plead guilty.

“I am pleased that the court has sentenced these two dangerous individuals to lengthy terms of imprisonment, and I hope that the two victims can put this horrendous ordeal behind them and move on with their lives.”

Sponsored Stories

On Air Now DRIVE - Michael Blades 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Now Playing
How Does It Feel Tom Grennan Download
Recently Played

Local News


  • Mon


  • Tue


  • Wed


  • Thu


  • Fri