A selection of Jus-Rol and supermarket-brand raw pastry products have been urgently recalled.
Supermarket pastry maker BakeAway and Jus-Rol have recalled raw pastry products due to the presence of salmonella, according to the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
Salmonella bacteria, which can be carried by eggs, causes food poisoning.
If you have a product that has been recalled at home, you should return it to the retailer that you bought it from for a full refund.
A statement from Jus-Rol reads: "Jus Rol is voluntarily recalling the below pastry products due to the potential presence of salmonella as a precautionary measure.
"Symptoms caused by salmonella typically include fever, diarrhoea, and abdominal cramps."
Jus-Rol pastry product recall The Jus-Rol products being recalled are:
- Jus-Rol Frozen Shortcrust Block 6 x 1kg, Best before September 2023
- Jus-Rol Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block 6 x 500g, Best before September 2023
- Jus-Rol Chilled Puff Pastry Block 8 x 500g, Best before 31 January 2022
- Jus-Rol Frozen Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheets 6 x 640g, Best before July 2023
A statement from BakeAway explained: “Following routine testing, we identified salmonella in two batches of a raw material used to produce several of our products,the products produced from that batch of raw material are subject to a product recall.”
The BakeAway products being recalled include:
- Aldi Ready Roll Pizza, 400g, use by 13 January 2022
- Morrisons Puff Pastry Block, 500g, use by 24/25 January 2022
- Morrisons Ready Roll Light Puff Pastry, 375g, use by 17 January 2022
- Morrisons Pizza Dough, 400g, use by 17 January 2022
- Pizza Express Ready to Roll Dough, 400g, use by 20 January 2022
- Pizza Express Pre Rolled Dough, 400g, use by 17 January 2022
- Tesco Finest Butter Enriched Ready Roll Puff Pastry, 320g, use by 14 January 2022
- Tesco Pizza Dough, 400g, use by 17 January 2022
- Tesco Ready Roll Puff Pastry, 375g, use by 24/25 January 2022
- Asda Pizza Dough, 400g, use by 15 January 2022
- Asda Ready Roll Light Puff Pastry, 375g, use by 16 January 2022
- Asda Ready Roll Puff Pastry, 375g, use by 24 January 2022
- Galberts Ready Roll Puff Pastry, 375g, use by 24 January 2022
- Galberts Ready Roll Short Pastry, 375g, use by 24 January 2022
- Sainsbury’s Ready Roll Puff Pastry, 375g, use by 17/21 January 2022
BakeAway have reassured customers saying: "All of our products are cooked before consumption, in accordance with the instructions on the packaging. Once cooked, these products are completely safe to consume.
“However, we take the safety and quality of our products incredibly seriously and as a precautionary measure, we are asking customers not to consume any of the products listed and affected products should be returned to the store where they were purchased and a full refund, without proof of purchase, will be provided.”