A new Jardines Pharmacy opened on the Lakes Estate, Bletchley, on Thursday 3rd September.
Bletchley East councillors attended the official opening on Thursday morning alongside the Mayor of Milton Keynes, Councillor Mohammed Khan, who grew up on Serpentine Court.
The estate has been without a pharmacy since Lloyds closed its doors in Serpentine Court in 2020.
The area has some of the highest healthcare needs in the city and access to a local pharmacy is vital for many residents.
The Lakes Estate will soon undergo a major regeneration project, with plans including:
- 589 green new homes, including approx. 50% council homes
- A new local centre with new shops
- An improved and enhanced Warren Park
- Street enhancements across the Lakes Estate
- Improved bus network and parking
- An onsite energy centre, which is expected to help cut the carbon footprint by 50% per household