Next week, Milton Keynes Councillors are set to discuss plans to introduce 20mph speed limits in some housing estates.
In a council meeting next Tuesday (26th January), councillors will discuss proposed plans will see speed limits in the following roads:
- Whaddon Way, between Tattenhoe Lane and Derwent Drive
- Abbey Way, entire length
- Maltings Field, Its entire length
- New Road/Prospect Road, Its entire length
- Bens Close, its entire length
- School Lane, its entire length
Old Farm Park
- Boyce Crescent, it's entire length
Pear Tree Bridge
- Chadds Lane, its entire length
- Waterside, its entire length
- Avon Grove, it's entire length
- Abbotsbury, it's entire length
- Russell Street, it's entire length
In addition, four new Speed Zones could be enforced in the following estates:
- Grange Farm,
- Monkston Park
- Walton Grange.
Councillors are set to be asked to approve nine of the twelve speed restrictions at an estimated cost of £70,000.
The other three applications are subject to further funding and estimated to cost a further £200,000 to complete.
Anyone who wishes to look further at the proposals should click here.