Milton Keynes flat left damaged after fire starts in airing cupboard

    A flat in Fullers Slade has been left damaged after a fire started in the property's airing cupboard on Thursday evening (2/9).

    The blaze started in a ground-floor flat along Moorfoot at around 19:15.

    It prompted a heavy presence from Bucks Fire as two appliances and crews from West Ashland, one from Broughton, and an aerial appliance from West Ashland attended, along with an officer.

    Firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel, and positive pressure ventilation to put out the fire. 

    The flat itself suffered smoke and fire damage. 

    Households are now being advised to regularly check that their fire alarms are working and internal doors are kept closed to prevent fire from spreading.

    Sponsored Stories You May Like

     

    Trending Stories

    Local News

    Weather

    • Sat

      13°C

    • Sun

      13°C

    • Mon

      14°C

    • Tue

      14°C

    • Wed

      16°C

    You May Have Missed