Matalan have announced that their store in Milton Keynes has now re-opened following the coronavirus lockdown.
The store, located on Watling Street in Bletchley, is one of 15 being opened this week across the UK.
It comes following new government advice that homeware is now an 'essential' retail good in England.
Commenting on the opening, Matalan told Cheshire Live: "We will initially be re-opening our spacious stores with large Homeware departments and a Click and Collect service."
"These stores are all located on out of town retail parks, with parking outside, enabling us to effectively adhere to social distancing guidelines."
"High street stores, stores in shopping centres, our clearance stores and our stores in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales will remain closed."
A number of social distancing measures have been implemented in the Milton Keynes store, including:
- Reduced number of customers allowed in store and new layout
- New floor markers so you can keep your distance
- Provision of hand sanitiser and cleaning products so you can clean your basket or trolley
- All staff given personal protective equipment
- All team trained to support social distancing
- Cafes, toilets and baby nurturing rooms all temporarily closed
- In store safety marshalls
- Signage and radio announcements put in place
- New screens introduced to our till areas
- Cleaning planned throughout the day, including regularly disinfecting high touch points such as door handles, lift buttons and hand-rails
As well as the Milton Keynes store, these are the other Matalan stores opening this week:
- Bradford Green Gates
- Leeds Halton
- Osterley Park/Southall
- Walsall - North