BREAKING: Man taken to hospital after house fire in Bradville in Milton Keynes

    A man has been taken to hospital after a house fire on the ground floor of two-storey house on Shipton Hill in Bradville in Milton Keynes.

    Fire crews were called to the property at just after 12.30pm this afternoon.

    One appliance and crew from Broughton, one from Bletchley, one from Great Holm, one from Buckingham and an officer attended.

    Firefighters used a main jet, a hose reel, one set of breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan to tackle the blaze.

    One local Fire Service has issued the following top ten tips to avoid a fire in your home:

    1. Fit a smoke alarm and check it regularly.
    2. Make a fire action plan so that everyone in your house knows how to escape in the event of fire.
    3. Take care when cooking with hot oil and think about using thermostatically controlled deep fat fryers.
    4. Never leave lit candles unattended.
    5. Ensure cigarettes are stubbed out and disposed of carefully.
    6. Never smoke in bed.
    7. Keep matches and lighters away from children.
    8. Keep clothing away from heating appliances.
    9. Take care in the kitchen! Accidents whilst cooking account for a large number of fires in the home.
    10. Take special care when you are tired or when you've been drinking. 

    Sponsored Stories

     

    Local News

    Weather

    • Wed

      19°C

    • Thu

      20°C

    • Fri

      21°C

    • Sat

      20°C

    • Sun

      22°C