In the early hours of Tuesday morning (10/07) a number of fire crews attended to a fire on the first floor of a seven-story block of flats in Serpentine Court, Bletchley.
Attending this incident were:
- Two appliances and crews from West Ashland
- One appliance and crew from Broughton
- One appliance and crew from Newport Pagnell
- Two appliances and crews from Bedfordshire
- The command unit from Aylesbury
- The aerial appliance and crew from West Ashland
- Three officers
The responding firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put out the fire, and a positive pressure ventilation fan to help clear smoke.
Firefighters recused one woman, two boys and one girl from a fire-floor balcony, using a short extension ladder. They provided them with immediate emergency care for the effects of breathing in smoke.
Due to the extent of their injuries, they were handed over to the care of South Central Ambulance Service. Their current condition is unknown.
It is not believed that anyone else was injured during the course of this incident.
Firefighters then proceeded to make the site safe before leaving the incident in the hands of Thames Valley Police. Local authorities have officially launched an investigation into the fire.