Emergency services called out to house fire in Milton Keynes

    The fire and rescue team were called out to a Milton Keynes property in the early hours of today (July 9) after reports of a fire.

    In the early hours of today (July 9) a fire broke out in a property located in Stantonbury, Milton Keynes, where the fire and rescue team were called out to.

    The incident is reported to have happened around 12:58am this morning. One appliance and crew from Newport Pagnell attended the scene, along with a crew and appliance from Broughton.

    Neighbours claim to have seen the flashing blue lights around 1am-1:30am as the crews set out to extinguish the fire.

    A report from Bucks Fire and rescue claims the fire was located in a front cupboard of the property.

    To extinguish the fire, firefighters on scene used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel, and a thermal imagining camera. A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used, in addition to a gas monitor.

    A gas monitor is used to measure the level of different gases within the air and is used to prevent anyone from being exposed to toxic gasses that could seriously poison a person, in some cases they could be fatal.

    The crew then made sure to isolate the gas and electricity supply before passing things over to the hands of the gas board engineer.

    Sponsored Stories

     

    Local News

    Weather

    • Mon

      20°C

    • Tue

      20°C

    • Wed

      22°C

    • Thu

      23°C

    • Fri

      23°C