The Mayor of Milton Keynes is calling on residents to nominate those people who have made an impact in our community for the Milton Keynes Local Heroes Awards 2021.
It’s the time of year when the Mayor of Milton Keynes asks you to nominate those residents or groups of people who’ve made a real impact in the community in the last year. And what a year it’s been! So many shining examples of people who’ve put others before themselves as they’ve sought to help each other through the many trials and tribulations of the last 12 months.
This year’s “Local Heroes awards” will obviously focus towards those who’ve made a contribution relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, but they’re not exclusively aimed at that. It’s aimed at anyone, individuals or perhaps community groups who’ve gone the extra mile and selflessly stepped up to help others and to make a real difference. And now, the mayor of MK, Andrew Geary is asking you to put forward those who’ve sought to make MK a better place this year.
“I’ve seen so many different examples of people who’ve stepped up to support others and help out in our locality this year” says Andrew. “And now it’s our chance to show our appreciation by nominating them for a local heroes award. Whilst Covid-19 has clearly impacted almost every person in our community it’s also brought out the very best in people in so many ways. Here’s your chance to say thank you in a really special way.”
“I’m grateful to Darren, Lia and the team at MKFM for agreeing to help host and promote the awards for me this year. In a year where we’ve all had to learn to do things very differently it’s great to have their support in helping with a very different form of presentation.”
Do you know someone deserving?
Fill in the submission form below with the name of the person you want to nominate (together with 300 words saying why) which will be sent to the Mayor’s Office for judging for judging by the Mayor of Milton Keynes.
Please obtain consent from Nominee before providing their contact information. If the nominee is under 18 please provide the name/contact information of parent/guardian. We will need their contact information for the awards.
Nominees must not have already received any other major award.
Nominations have been extended to 23.59 on Monday 26 April 2021.
Milton Keynes Local Heroes Awards will take place on Thursday 13 May 2021. The event will be pre-recorded and posted on various social media channels.
Terms and Conditions
- You may only submit one nominee for one category
- All nominees will be considered for the Mayor’s Award which is the overall award.
- Nominees reserve the right not to be named in the awards ceremony. A brief description of the nomination reasons will be given.
- Organiser’s reserve the right to change the category that the nominee is entered for.
- Applications via the MKFM website will automatically be stored on a server which can only be downloaded by authorised personnel.
- Data Protection Privacy Statement: Your information will be processed by the MKFM site and sent directly to the Milton Keynes Council Mayors Office to be used by the Mayors Office and Democratic Services at MK Council for the purposes MK Mayor’s Award. We require the above entry information for the purposes of informing the nominator, nominee and their parents/carer of the results of the competition. Winners information will be shared within MK Council and judges for the purpose of the Award and passed on for media purposes when consent is provided. Some of the applications may be used as positive stories with identities/schools etc hidden and shared with the public. Information not needed or used will be disposed of securely and all applications will be destroyed at the end of the process. We work within MK Councils Data Protection statement which can be found here.