Christmas bubbles have been cancelled for Milton Keynes as the city prepares to enter Tier 4 from midnight tonight.
It means people will not be able to mix with other households as previously planned.
Those in Tier 4 areas are being ordered not to stay overnight away from home or travel abroad for holidays, while people in other areas are being advised not to enter Tier 4 areas - and not to travel generally if they can avoid it.
Under England's new highest level of restrictions, only one person from a household can meet with another person from a different household outside, although exemptions will continue for support bubbles and childcare bubbles.
The Prime Minister announced the move for our city at a press conference this afternoon.
Tier 4 will be the strictest set of coronavirus measures in England and comes just hours after Milton Keynes entered Tier 3 restrictions earlier this morning.
The Tier 4 measures will see all non-essential shops, gyms, and hairdressers close, with people ordered to stay home apart from limited exceptions such as work - if people cannot work from home - education, childcare and exercise.
These are the Tier 4 rules in full:
- Stay at home - this will be put into law so fines will apply if you do not have a relevant excuse
- Exemptions include people needing to travel for education, childcare and exercise
- Unlimited exercise allowed outdoors
- Do not enter Tier 4 areas from other areas and do not leave Tier 4
- Tier 4 residents must not stay overnight away from home
- Work from home if you can
- Gyms closed
- Non-essential retail closed
- Indoor leisure closed
- Indoor entertainment closed
- Personal care sector closed
- Communal worship can take place
- One person can meet just one other person from another household outside - exemptions for support and childcare bubbles
- Do not travel abroad apart from if needed for work