MK Council and Ringway are looking for names for their 2 new gritting lorries.
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming! This is your chance to be immortalized in Milton Keynes-based gritting history. Text your suggestion to 81400, starting your message with MKFM Gritter and then your suggestion.
81400: MKFM + GRITTER + 'YOUR SUGGESTION'
A panel will then compile a shortlist of 10 of the best names which will be put to a public vote.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- Entries will be selected by generating a random number corresponding to the order in which entries have been received.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 13th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Tuesday 18th December.
- The panel's decision on the shortlist will be final and no discussion will be entered in to.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.