Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Lakes Estate redevelopment proposals to be considered prior to planning permission application
Plans to improve the Lakes Estate and redevelop Serpentine Court are due to be submitted for planning permission in February 2020.
Oxley Park and Kingsmead residents support fund to stop H6 extension in Milton Keynes
Residents have raised over £6,000 so far to “Stop Shenley Park and save our green” but more is needed.
MK College celebrate student achievements at annual graduation ceremonies
Milton Keynes College has been celebrating the achievements of its students at its annual graduation ceremonies at the Woburn Sculpture Gallery.
34 people charged in connection with football disorder following MK Dons match
Following an investigation by Thames Valley and Nottinghamshire Police, 34 people have been charged with a total of 138 offences in connection with football disorder which happened following the match between Milton Keynes Dons F.C. and Mansfield Town F.C. on 4 May 2019.
Northamptonshire Police appeal after ONE MILLION pounds worth of 'adult toys' stolen from lay-by
Police officers in Northamptonshire are appealing for information after £1million worth of adult toys were stolen from an A43 layby.
Emergency road closure in place in Central Milton Keynes
According to Milton Keynes Council, there is an emergency road closure currently in place at Lower Ninth Street in Central Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes Council aiming to make the town one of the greenest in the world
Earlier this year, Milton Keynes Council committed to becoming the first carbon-negative town in the United Kingdom by 2050.
Pair arrested in connection with hospital robberies
Police have arrested two boys on suspicion of robbery after an incident outside Milton Keynes University Hospital.