Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Interview with Jade Croucher - sister of missing teen Leah.
Leah Croucher went missing from her home in Milton Keynes on 15th February 2019.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs officially opens its MK office today
Online bank Marcus by Goldman Sachs today opened the doors to its new office in Milton Keynes, with capacity for up to 240 employees.
Give us access to GPs, say patients
Patients are having increasing difficulty in getting appointments to see their GP in Milton Keynes, a meeting heard.
5G Phone Mast Set for School Site
A phone mast at a Milton Keynes school is set to be made more than 3m taller to get it ready to provide superfast 5G internet services.
Not dead, but dormant… how controversial YourMK might be resuscitated
An organisation that was stripped of some of its powers in the furore surrounding a council’s controversial regeneration programme is being prepared for possible resuscitation.
Let the sunshine in! It's the dawning of the age of Aquarius
When the moon is in the Seventh Houseand Jupiter aligns with Marsthen either this is the start of a horoscope or it’s the news that Hair, The Musical,is on its way to Milton Keynes Theatre!
The Leighton Buzzard Festival of Fitness is coming!
The event is at Leighton Buzzard's Energie Fitness on Saturday 3rd August
Alan Turing: WWII codebreaker revealed as new face of £50 note
The mathematician is widely considered to be the father of computer science and artificial intelligence.