Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
IN PICTURES: Vigil held in Milton Keynes to remember those killed in New Zealand attacks
Members of the local community gathered in Campbell Park this evening to remember the victims of shootings at two mosques in New Zealand on Friday.
Parents of missing Leah Croucher release new video appeal to find their daughter
The parents of missing teenager Leah Croucher from Milton Keynes have spoken to the media today.
Police appeal for information following assault involving wooden pole in Furzton
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an assault in Furzton.
Multiple offers to replace Milton Keynes Hospital iPad's following MKFM news story
Milton Keynes Hospital have had some good news over the past few days with multiple offers from local businesses to replace their stolen iPad's.
Arrests made following drugs and firearms investigation in Milton Keynes
Today (19/3) officers from Thames Valley Police Serious and Organised Crime Unit, assisted by officers from Milton Keynes Local Police Area, the South East Regional Organised Crime Unit and the Joint Operations Unit carried out warrants at four addresses across Milton Keynes.
550 volunteers wanted for eighth MK Marathon
The 2019 Rightmove MK Marathon Weekend is fast approaching and organisers are looking for volunteers to help ensure everything runs smoothly on the day.
Record number of Redway Runners take part in MK Festival of Running
Local running club Redway Runners saw a record number of its members take part in the popular MK Festival of Running which attracts thousands of people to the city.
Bletchley housing on factory plan withdrawn
A planning application that would have meant the demolition of an historic Bletchley factory and the loss of current businesses occupying the site has been withdrawn.