Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Donations put MK college students in a spin
Milton Keynes College has taken delivery of a highly unusual but most welcome donation from white goods giant, BOSCH, in the form of eight washing machines.
YMCA calls on MK community to join Sleep Easy 2019
YMCA Milton Keynes is calling on the MK community to come together and sleep rough for one night on Friday 8th March 2019 to support local young people, at risk of homelessness.
Now is the time to make it a marathon of a year!
Registration for the 2019 Rightmove MK Marathon Weekend is open.
John Campbell chosen as the preferred candidate to be Thames Valley Chief Constable
John Campbell is the current Deputy Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police, a position he has held since 2015
Whitehouse estate to get pharmacy after NHS back-track
The new expansion area to the west of Milton Keynes will be getting a pharmacy after NHS chiefs backed down in a row about if one is needed.
The funeral of serving Thames Valley Police officer, PC Daniel Clayton-Drabble has taken place in Milton Keynes
Colleagues and friends joined the family of PC Clayton-Drabble (known as Dan) to celebrate his life in a service at Oak Chapel at Crownhill Crematorium
MK College wins education contract for all Long Term High Security prisons in the country
Following the Government’s recent prison education reform, MK College has won contracts to deliver education services across all of the Long Term High Security Estate in England.
Local MP Mark Lancaster announces 2019 drop in sessions at McDonald's
After a trio of successful events in 2018, McDonald’s is delighted to welcome Mark Lancaster MP to its Milton Keynes North restaurants in 2019 for a series of drop in sessions for constituents, "Meet with Mark".