Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Travellers set up next to grid road in Milton Keynes
A number of travellers have set up next to a grid road in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes man jailed for driving offences and breaching coronavirus regulations
Simba Munyoro, from Shenley Lodge, pleaded guilty to five offences at Oxford Magistrates’ Court yesterday (6/4).
Power restored following 800-home outage in Milton Keynes
Power has now been restored after over 800 properties suffered a power cut in Milton Keynes earlier.
Local man is celebrating his 100th birthday by walking for the NHS
Tom Moore, from Marston Moretaine, will be walking 100 lengths of his 50-metre-long garden before his 100th birthday to raise money for the NHS.
Spotted: Rainbows are spreading joy throughout Milton Keynes
Residents and key workers alike have been spotting rainbows cropping up throughout the city, bringing a glimmer of joy during the coronavirus pandemic.
MK Dons extends early-bird price deadline for 2020/21 season tickets
MK Dons is extending the early-bird price deadline for 2020/21 Season Tickets to provide relief for supporters who are struggling financially during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Council leader appeals for urgent help from CCG to get prescriptions from pharmacies during coronavirus pandemic
Cllr Pete Marland has written an “urgent” letter to local health commissioners for their help to get prescription drugs to vulnerable residents.
Milton Keynes Council plans to stream its meetings online during coronavirus pandemic
A vital part of the democratic process – decision-making meetings that are open to the public – could soon be re-established at Milton Keynes Council.