Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Body of a woman found in Wavendon in Milton Keynes
Officers searching for a missing person have located the body of a woman in Milton Keynes.
VIDEO: Arrests made following illegal music event in Milton Keynes last night
Thames Valley Police received a report of an illegal, unlicensed music event taking place on land off Church Road, Bow Brickhil in Milton Keynes, at around 12.40am today (19/5).
Thames Valley Police is appealing for help in tracing another man who has absconded from prison.
Ben Young, aged 31, absconded from HMP Springhill on Friday between 8pm and midnight.
Fines of up to £1,000 proposed for drivers attending 'car cruise' events in Milton Keynes
Car cruisers could be fined up to £1,000 under a new move being considered to crackdown on huge groups of anti-social drivers.
Car drives in to front of Milton Keynes shop
Emergency services attended the scene of a vehicle which had driven into a shop front in Milton Keynes this evening.
MK dad’s big little walk to celebrate defying doctors’ prognosis
A Freshfields dad is celebrating five years on from his diagnosis with an aggressive brain tumour by organising a Big Little Walk of Hope with his young family.
Thames Valley crime up by 10 per cent
Total crime recorded by police is up by 10 per cent, according to police figures collated by the Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW).
Labour and Lib Dems unite to reappoint Pete Marland as council leader in Milton Keynes
Labour’s Pete Marland was re-elected as leader of Milton Keynes Council after his party and the Liberal Democrats joined forces against the Conservatives.