Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Woman is allegedly held at gunpoint before having car stolen in Milton Keynes
There have been unconfirmed reports of a woman being held at gunpoint before having her car stolen outside her home in Bletchley, Milton Keynes.
Local charity tells of theft and vandalism at educational centre in Milton Keynes
A local charity, Action4Youth, is appealing for information following alleged thefts and vandalism at their educational centre in Caldecotte.
Thames Valley Police appeal for witnesses following an altercation in Broughton
Officers are appealing for witnesses following an incident that happened on Thursday evening (20/2).
Robot performs pioneering surgery on patients in Milton Keynes Hospital
Milton Keynes University Hospital are amongst Europe’s first to introduce pioneering robot technology to perform surgery on patients.
Milton Keynes grandfather praises cancer drugs trial for keeping him healthy
Marc Auckland, 62, was diagnosed with a type of blood cancer in 2016 and has found that an NHS drug trial has kept him clear of infections.
More estates in Milton Keynes to receive council clean-up
Milton Keynes Council has announced more estates to receive a clean-up as part of city-wide plans proposed in next year’s budget.
"This is an attack on drivers", says Tory councillor on proposed 50mph grid roads in Milton Keynes
Cllr Walker's statement follows the possibility of Labour-led Milton Keynes Council reducing speed limits from 70mph to 50mph on grid roads across the city.
Only THREE fixed penalty notices for dog fouling issued in the last FIVE YEARS, figures reveal
Only THREE fixed penalty notices for dog fouling have been issued by Milton Keynes Council in the last FIVE years, a meeting heard.