Vote for the name of the new gritters!
Milton Keynes Council have got two new gritting lorries ahead of the Christmas period and they need naming!
We have had so many brilliant entries, it was a real challenge for our panel to whittle them down to a top 10.
It's now your turn to pick the winners! Vote for your favourite below.
The two winners will receive a bespoke number plate of the winning gritter name! MK Council and Ringway will also chuck in a few more goodies.
Terms and Conditions
MKFM's standard terms and conditions apply to this and all competitions on MKFM.
In addition, the entry mechanic described above forms part of the rules and the following specific rules also apply to the gritter naming competition:
- The two names with the highest votes will be deemed the winners.
- Entries are open from Wednesday 19th December.
- The competition will close at 23:59 Thursday 20th December.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be identified as a winner and you may be asked to take part in some publicity activity (e.g. photocalls with local press).
- This competition is intended for our local audience on FM. As such, to be eligible to claim the prize, entrants must live in our FM broadcast area (which covers the Borough of Milton Keynes including Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Woburn Sands and Bletchley, and the nearby towns of Woburn, Olney, Cranfield and Ampthill). Alternatively, entrants must work within this area for at least five day a week. Evidence of employment at the time of winning will be required and is subject to MKFM's judgement. If you are unsure whether you are in an eligible area please contact the Managing Director for clarification.
- As with all MKFM competitions, current MKFM staff and volunteers and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
Man sentenced for money laundering offences in Milton Keynes
Khalid Bajigah, aged 40, of St Georges Way, Milton Keynes, was convicted on Thursday
Two men sentenced for robbery and fraud in Milton Keynes
Martin George (pictured), aged 30, of The Hide, Milton Keynes, and Robert Peters, aged 24, Shackleton Place, were sentenced at Aylesbury Crown Court on Thursday
Join the Blue Fun Run at Willen Hospice Event
Willen Hospice is inviting all running enthusiasts to join them for their charity Lake Run on Sunday 6th October.
Free Employee Bus Service Celebrates 25,000th Journey
Friday 13th might be unlucky for some, but for Network Rail employee, Fatima Baig it was a great start to the day as she stepped onto the My Bus city centre service to a fanfare celebration marking the 25,000th journey taken on the free employee bus.
Big Night Out focuses on ‘Coping with Change’
On 11th September, more than 1,000 young people from Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes and the surrounding counties, came together at The Aylesbury Waterside Theatre for Action4Youth’s annual celebration event.
M&S Food brings Milton Keynes community together
To celebrate their 10-year partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support M&S Food stores in Buckinghamshire are hosting activities to raise funds for people living with cancer, including an in-store Wall of Support and fundraising events on 27th September to mark the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Saturday Night Fever - Not only Stayin' Alive but getting better and better!
It may be more than 40 years since the cinema release of the John Travolta classic but that hasn’t stopped Bill Kenwright from producing this re-imagined and revitalised stage version of Saturday Night Fever!
MK Care Leaver is an inspiration to young people
Just six years after entering the UK, 18 year old Care Leaver Keren Kassanda has beaten the odds to land a place at prestigious Oxford University and also taken up a position on the Council’s Corporate Parenting Panel to share her experience and support other children in care.