Judges top tips for a winning MKBAA entry
With entries for the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards closing on 22 November, veteran head judge, Sir John Southby Bt, shares his insight on what the judges are looking for from the top businesses of 2019.
1. First impressions count – The Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
2. What makes you stand out? – Whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The MKBAA judging panel are looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
3. You’re half way there! – Stage 1 results will be published on 10 December and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
4. The devil is in the detail – At this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartiality by our six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on 15 February.
5. Lights, Camera, Action! – Every finalist will be featured on the ‘Big Screen’ at MKBAA 2019, with a short film shown to the 600 guests at the Awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors and the media.
6. Winner – The winners will be announced on 14 March at a glittering Awards Ceremony, which for the first time will be held at Arena MK. Popular broadcaster and voiceover artist Faye Carruthers will compere this year’s Awards and guests will enjoy a three course dinner, wine and entertainment.
Within the 14 categories are new and exciting variations to previous awards including Best Training Scheme, Culture & Arts, Leisure & Entertainment and Technology Business.
For your chance to pick up a prestigious MKBAA, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, visit www.mkbaa.co.uk. To find out more follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Facebook and join the discussion on LinkedIn.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Foundation pupils at Milton Keynes primary school to self-isolate after lunchtime supervisor tests positive for COVID-19
Foundation children at a primary school in Milton Keynes are now self-isolating after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
Firefighters called to 'suspected arson' in Milton Keynes play park
Firefighters were called to reports of a fire at a play area in Milton Keynes yesterday afternoon (27/9).
Milton Keynes to kickstart regeneration and improve connectivity with announced £1m
The Government has announced £1 million for Milton Keynes as accelerated funding through the Ministry for Housing, Communities, and Local Government’s (MHCLG) Towns Fund.
Committee upholds ruling that parish councillor in Milton Keynes breached code of conduct
An appeal hearing has upheld an earlier finding that a parish councillor in Milton Keynes breached the code of conduct.
Intu Milton Keynes set to be given a new name as centre is transferred to a new owner
Intu Milton Keynes is set to be given a new name after being transferred to a new operator.
Supermarket chain in Milton Keynes set to introduce 'face mask marshals' to ensure compliance
A supermarket chain in Milton Keynes is set to introduce new 'face mask marshals' to ensure that rules on wearing a face covering in the store are followed.
Local legend from Tattenhoe Park recognised on MKFM's Free Flowers Friday
Angela from Tattenhoe Park, was crowned the winner of MKFM's Free Flower Friday today (25/09) thanks to Bluebell Flowers in Newport Pagnell and local delivery service Grab Now.
Milton Keynes wins People's Postcode Lottery twice in one week
It seems Milton Keynes is the place to be for the People's Postcode Lottery, as yet another local postcode has been picked as today's daily winner.
Former Milton Keynes police chief calls for more action to tackle rising gang and knife crime
A former Milton Keynes police chief has called for more action to tackle the causes of rising gang and knife crime in the city.
Milton Keynes Council is currently dealing with 13 educational settings with COVID-19 in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes Council is currently dealing with 13 educational settings in the borough that have confirmed cases of COVID-19.
'I have never seen so many': Daddy Long Legs are spotted invading Milton Keynes homes
Residents in Milton Keynes, and across the country, have reported seeing an increase in Daddy Long Legs invading their homes.
Milton Keynes sees highest number of new weekly coronavirus cases since May
Milton Keynes has seen the biggest weekly increase of coronavirus cases since May, it can be revealed.
You May Have Missed
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
- How To Listen To MKFM
- MKFM and GDPR Data Regulation
- Contact Us
- Complaints Procedure
- Competition Terms and Conditions
© 2020 MKFM Limited - Radio Made In Milton Keynes. Powered by Aiir.