Judges top tips for a winning MKBAA entry
With entries for the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards closing on 22 November, veteran head judge, Sir John Southby Bt, shares his insight on what the judges are looking for from the top businesses of 2019.
1. First impressions count – The Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
2. What makes you stand out? – Whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The MKBAA judging panel are looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
3. You’re half way there! – Stage 1 results will be published on 10 December and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
4. The devil is in the detail – At this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartiality by our six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on 15 February.
5. Lights, Camera, Action! – Every finalist will be featured on the ‘Big Screen’ at MKBAA 2019, with a short film shown to the 600 guests at the Awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors and the media.
6. Winner – The winners will be announced on 14 March at a glittering Awards Ceremony, which for the first time will be held at Arena MK. Popular broadcaster and voiceover artist Faye Carruthers will compere this year’s Awards and guests will enjoy a three course dinner, wine and entertainment.
Within the 14 categories are new and exciting variations to previous awards including Best Training Scheme, Culture & Arts, Leisure & Entertainment and Technology Business.
For your chance to pick up a prestigious MKBAA, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, visit www.mkbaa.co.uk. To find out more follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Facebook and join the discussion on LinkedIn.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Thames Valley Police tackle county lines drug dealing across the force area in 'week of action'
A week of action has taken place to tackle county lines drug dealing across the Thames Valley.
Milton Keynes residents urged to share views on local NHS policies
Following the merging of the three former CCGs that make up BLMK, policies were reviewed to ensure equal access to healthcare services for all residents.
33 patients currently being treated in Milton Keynes Hospital with coronavirus according to latest data
The latest update tells us that 31 patients are being treated for COVID-19 at Milton Keynes University Hospital, with one currently being treated on a ventilator bed.
Spooky Circus Skills Workshop taking place in Milton Keynes to raise funds for 5-year-old girl's cancer treatment
Showtime Circus' Young Performers Circus School is offering a 1 hour workshop for 4-11s on Saturday 23rd Oct to raise funds for the further cancer treatment of Poppy Bailey from Milton Keynes.
Asda store in Milton Keynes undergoes huge makeover worth over £6.5m - here's what shoppers can expect
MKFM can exclusively reveal what shoppers can expect when Asda's brand new makeover is complete...
Milton Keynes residents can now book same-day slots at local tips
The booking system was introduced in the height of the pandemic to stagger the number of people at the site, ensuring that queues were kept at a minimum.
Brand new smartphone app challenges children to explore Milton Keynes
A free to play smartphone app has been launched in Milton Keynes to encourage children and young people to get active and explore their local area.
Milton Keynes Council supports residents battling cladding scandal
The Leader of Milton Keynes Council has been asked to write to the Government to highlight concerns that were addressed at last night’s Full Council.
Milton Keynes charity asks residents to wear rainbow colours this November
Local charity Harry's Rainbow are launching their annual Rainbow Week from 18th - 25th November, to raise much needed awareness of child bereavement in line with Children's Grief Awareness Week.
Kids eat free at Namji Xscape Milton Keynes this half term and beyond!
To celebrate the launch of the all - new Kids Menu @ Namji Xscape MK, owner Naseem Khan has declared that for the next three weeks, all kids under the age of 12 get to ‘Eat Free!’
Milton Keynes Labour councillors urge government to reverse Universal Credit cuts
The national body of all councillors in England and Wales has written to the government opposing the unfair cut to Universal Credit.
Milton Keynes charity celebrates brain tumour research breakthrough
At the moment only 25% of patients with this type of brain tumour survive for more than one year and just 5% live for more than five years.
You May Have Missed
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.