Judges top tips for a winning MKBAA entry
With entries for the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards closing on 22 November, veteran head judge, Sir John Southby Bt, shares his insight on what the judges are looking for from the top businesses of 2019.
1. First impressions count – The Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
2. What makes you stand out? – Whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The MKBAA judging panel are looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
3. You’re half way there! – Stage 1 results will be published on 10 December and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
4. The devil is in the detail – At this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartiality by our six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on 15 February.
5. Lights, Camera, Action! – Every finalist will be featured on the ‘Big Screen’ at MKBAA 2019, with a short film shown to the 600 guests at the Awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors and the media.
6. Winner – The winners will be announced on 14 March at a glittering Awards Ceremony, which for the first time will be held at Arena MK. Popular broadcaster and voiceover artist Faye Carruthers will compere this year’s Awards and guests will enjoy a three course dinner, wine and entertainment.
Within the 14 categories are new and exciting variations to previous awards including Best Training Scheme, Culture & Arts, Leisure & Entertainment and Technology Business.
For your chance to pick up a prestigious MKBAA, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, visit www.mkbaa.co.uk. To find out more follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Facebook and join the discussion on LinkedIn.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
IF: Milton Keynes International Festival announces six new leading art installations
The city’s biennial arts festival has recently announced that six distinctive installations will be available at different locations throughout Milton Keynes for locals to enjoy this summer for free.
Two men convicted for assaulting a police officer in Milton Keynes
Two men have been convicted and sentenced after assaulting a Thames Valley police officer in Milton Keynes.
The Parks Trust annouce temporary closure of Milton Keynes BMX track
Local independent charity has recently announced the temporary closure of the Pineham BMX track while maintenance work is being carried out.
Milton Keynes police appeal for witnesses following distraction burglary
Following a distraction burglary that took place at around 6:20pm Thursday evening (06/05), Thames Valley Police are appealing for witnesses and have issued a warning to local residents.
Milton Keynes Local Elections 2021 LIVE: All the results as they come in from MK
Counting is happening today for the local elections in Milton Keynes and MKFM have all the election results as they arrive.
Eleven coronavirus cases recorded throughout Milton Keynes yesterday
According to the latest data, there were eleven coronavirus cases recorded in Milton Keynes yesterday (07/05).
Emergency services attend the scene after kitchen fire occurs on Milton Keynes estate
At 11:53am Thursday morning (06/05), local firefighters raced to extinguish a kitchen fire that occurred in a mid-terrace house in Elba Gate, Newton Leys.
Secret Early Days of Bletchley Park revealed in new exhibition
Visitors will be able to chart the arrival of the first Codebreakers at Bletchley Park in a new exhibition opening on Monday 17 May, when the Buckinghamshire museum hopes to reopen for the first time since December 2020.
Rescheduled dates for The Addams Family at Milton Keynes Theatre released
The Addams Family, starring Samantha Womack and Cameron Blakely is coming to Milton Keynes Theatre from 31 August – 4 September 2021, and tickets are on sale now!
Creaking NHS feels the strain of proposed new local diagnostic hubs for our area
Whole communities across the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes region are not being effectively served by diagnostic services but NHS chiefs are struggling to find solutions, a meeting heard.
Three roads closed in Milton Keynes today - with one bus route diverted
Three roads will be closed today in Milton Keynes for roadworks, with a bus route also being affected.
Make a Will and help support Willen Hospice
Local people are being invited to take advantage of a Will writing service this May as the Willen Hospice Will Month returns.
You May Have Missed
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.