Judges top tips for a winning MKBAA entry
With entries for the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards closing on 22 November, veteran head judge, Sir John Southby Bt, shares his insight on what the judges are looking for from the top businesses of 2019.
1. First impressions count – The Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
2. What makes you stand out? – Whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The MKBAA judging panel are looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
3. You’re half way there! – Stage 1 results will be published on 10 December and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
4. The devil is in the detail – At this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartiality by our six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on 15 February.
5. Lights, Camera, Action! – Every finalist will be featured on the ‘Big Screen’ at MKBAA 2019, with a short film shown to the 600 guests at the Awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors and the media.
6. Winner – The winners will be announced on 14 March at a glittering Awards Ceremony, which for the first time will be held at Arena MK. Popular broadcaster and voiceover artist Faye Carruthers will compere this year’s Awards and guests will enjoy a three course dinner, wine and entertainment.
Within the 14 categories are new and exciting variations to previous awards including Best Training Scheme, Culture & Arts, Leisure & Entertainment and Technology Business.
For your chance to pick up a prestigious MKBAA, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, visit www.mkbaa.co.uk. To find out more follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Facebook and join the discussion on LinkedIn.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
Man and woman left with injuries after two-car collision on Milton Keynes road
A man and a woman were left injured after a two-car collision on a Milton Keynes road yesterday.
Three flood warnings in force across Milton Keynes today with flooding of property possible
The Environment Agency have issued three flood warnings across Milton Keynes today.
Latest Milton Keynes weather forecast as light dusting of snow seen across the city
Parts of Milton Keynes have seen a light dusting of snow this morning as a weather warning remains in place for the city.
Two more coronavirus vaccination centres open in Milton Keynes today
Two more GP surgeries in Milton Keynes have started offering coronavirus vaccinations from today.
Brand new wellbeing service launches to support health and social care staff in Milton Keynes
A new Keeping Well Service has been launched to support health and care workers in Milton Keynes and beyond.
351 new coronavirus cases and 10 hospital deaths announced in Milton Keynes today
There were 351 new coronavirus cases and 10 hospital deaths announced in Milton Keynes today, according to the latest data.
Green bid to limit housing growth dismissed as 'cloud cuckoo land'
A Green party bid to put a lower limit on housing growth ambitions in Milton Keynes was dismissed as “cloud cuckoo land”.
Mass vaccination centre in Milton Keynes will be able to deliver '2,000 vaccinations a day'
Council Leader Peter Marland has said a mass vaccination centre in Milton Keynes would be able to deliver '2,000 vaccinations a day'.
Police seize illegal items and make thirteen arrests following 'targeted patrols' in Milton Keynes estates
Thames Valley Police has seized several items and made thirteen arrests following 'targeted patrols' in local housing estates.
Man released by fire crews after late night collision on M1 in Milton Keynes yesterday
A man had to be released by fire crews last night following a collision on the M1 in Milton Keynes.
Tories call for probe as winter waste crisis hits Milton Keynes
Conservatives have called for a probe into whether a decision to launch a wheelie bin trial contributed to a developing crisis in waste collection in the city.
When and how much snow will hit Milton Keynes tomorrow as ANOTHER weather warning issued
The Met Office have issued another yellow weather warning for snow in Milton Keynes for tomorrow.
You May Have Missed
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.