Judges top tips for a winning MKBAA entry
With entries for the Milton Keynes Business Achievement Awards closing on 22 November, veteran head judge, Sir John Southby Bt, shares his insight on what the judges are looking for from the top businesses of 2019.
1. First impressions count – The Stage 1 Entry requires you to answer just one question about the category you are entering and is designed to help you focus on what the judges are looking for. Think carefully about how you present your biggest successes, in the clearest and most concise way.
2. What makes you stand out? – Whether you’re new and innovative, or a business that’s been operating for many decades; we want to know what sets you apart from the competition. The MKBAA judging panel are looking for a confident and considered display of your biggest achievements.
3. You’re half way there! – Stage 1 results will be published on 10 December and successful business will be invited to complete Stage 2. It is important to remember that whilst you are a step closer to an award, the judges now need to see the finer details that support your initial submission.
4. The devil is in the detail – At this stage we like to see case studies, stats, coverage and anything else that supports your entry. This is your opportunity to have maximum impact on the judges. Each submission is scored impartiality by our six-strong judging panel, and independently verified before a final shortlist is agreed and announced on 15 February.
5. Lights, Camera, Action! – Every finalist will be featured on the ‘Big Screen’ at MKBAA 2019, with a short film shown to the 600 guests at the Awards dinner. This is your opportunity to shout about your business to potential customers, competitors and the media.
6. Winner – The winners will be announced on 14 March at a glittering Awards Ceremony, which for the first time will be held at Arena MK. Popular broadcaster and voiceover artist Faye Carruthers will compere this year’s Awards and guests will enjoy a three course dinner, wine and entertainment.
Within the 14 categories are new and exciting variations to previous awards including Best Training Scheme, Culture & Arts, Leisure & Entertainment and Technology Business.
For your chance to pick up a prestigious MKBAA, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, visit www.mkbaa.co.uk. To find out more follow @MK_BAA on Twitter, Facebook and join the discussion on LinkedIn.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
BREAKING NEWS - Milton Keynes OFFICIALLY wins city status (that’s right – we are no longer a town!)
Milton Keynes can FINALLY be called a city after over 20 years of trying to gain the title.
Police appeal after man is caught performing an 'intimate act' outside in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses to an incident of outraging public decency in Stony Stratford yesterday (18/5).
Cancer Research UK's 'Wheel 100 Miles Challenge' in Milton Keynes
Roller skaters have been helping raise money for Cancer Research UK by joining their 'Wheels 100 Miles Challenge' and MKFM spoke to roller skater Gary who has been seen skating around Stadium MK.
Home for children with disabilities run by Milton Keynes Council receives praise in Ofsted report
Staff at a children’s home run by Milton Keynes Council have been recognised for their creativity and positive relationships with children.
Young cat-lover from Milton Keynes raises funds and awareness in honour of family pet
A young cat-lover has found a solace in raising funds and awareness after the death of his family’s cat from a preventable but often overlooked illness.
'It was an incredible year', former Milton Keynes Mayor tells MKFM
Yesterday (18/5), Cllr Amanda Marlow officially took office, succeeding outgoing Mayor Mohammed Khan.
Milton Keynes welcomes 50th Mayor
Cllr Amanda Marlow is the new Mayor of Milton Keynes for 2022-23, becoming the 50th person to take the office, and the first female mayor since 2012.
Appeal launched to find motorist who was driving dangerously around special Grade II listed site in Milton Keynes
An appeal has been launched after somebody was caught driving dangerously around a grade II-listed site in Milton Keynes.
Overnight closures to take place on M1 Northbound in Milton Keynes this weekend
It is all part of the smart motorway works taking place on the M1 near Milton Keynes.
Local charity appeals for help to provide essentials for Ukrainian refugee families coming to Milton Keynes
A Milton Keynes-based charity has appealed to local businesses and residents for help for Ukrainian refugee families arriving in the area in the coming weeks.
Road closures in place as My Chemical Romance head to Milton Keynes tomorrow and over the weekend
My Chemical Romance will be taking to the stage at Stadium MK tomorrow and this weekend.
Huge new 'eco school' nears completion in Milton Keynes
Once complete, Glebe Farm School is going to be one of MK’s largest schools – and it’s also set to be one of the greenest in the region.
You May Have Missed
Cafe Rouge to close in Milton Keynes as owners of chain enter administration
Cafe Rouge in Milton Keynes will be closing permanently as the owners of the chain enter administration.
EXCLUSIVE: McDonalds to restart breakfast service in Milton Keynes from July 8th
MKFM understands that McDonalds will be re-starting their breakfast service in all Milton Keynes stores from 8th July.
Deadly blue-green algae appears in another Milton Keynes park as warning sent to dog owners
Deadly blue-green algae has been identified in another Milton Keynes park as dog owners are warned to keep their animals out of the lake.
Milton Keynes local coronavirus case numbers do NOT include Drive-Through test centre results
A national newspaper has revealed that government coronavirus case numbers on a local authority level do not include any tests from local drive-through test centres and some home testing kits.
The areas in Milton Keynes where the most deaths involving coronavirus have sadly happened
The Office for National Statistics have revealed new localised data on the number of deaths which have taken place involving coronavirus.
Coronavirus test centre employee's outcry over being charged to park whilst at work in Milton Keynes
Employees at the drive-in coronavirus test centre in Central Milton Keynes have to pay to park each day, it has been revealed.
'Scum' spray-painted onto Milton Keynes couple's store window as well as other graffiti
A Milton Keynes couple have had the word 'Scum' spray painted onto their store window, as well as other graffiti on their store sign.
Cat is stabbed twice in Milton Keynes
Last week, a family discovered that their pet cat had been stabbed in each of her back legs.