G4S are recruiting registered nurses who are looking for a new and exciting role to fill a number of positions within their healthcare team based at Oakhill Secure Training Centre.
Are you looking for a new opportunity that will give you new experiences? G4S are looking for an experienced Learning Disability Nurse, Children’s Nurse or Mental Health Nurse to join their secure healthcare team. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the post holder will be required to complete assessments, and will be responsible for managing a caseload of patients within a secure setting. The post holder is required to work with service users from a holistic perspective, taking into account a variety of complex needs.
- Maintain own caseload of patients with a diagnosed Learning Disability or ASD. Complete initial assessment on all new referrals, appropriate care planning and follow up procedures.
- To attend and participate in the processes as per STC policy designed to assist with patients at risk of self-harm/suicide, in line with NICE Guidance.
- To attend monthly supervision with line manager and complete yearly EDR to assess targets, progression and learning objectives.
- Work to support patients by using excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as patience and resilience.
- To provide awareness training and advice for staff on the care of patients with a Learning Disability.
- Assist with awareness days and workshops delivered by the PCMHT and work with the team to develop these further.
- Attend and participate in weekly Integrated Mental Health Team Referrals meetings to ensure integrated approach is maintained when discussing at risk patients.
You can apply for the job here.
Man hospitalised following incident in Milton Keynes
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an affray in Milton Keynes.
Tree planted in Milton Keynes park for Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
The King’s personal representative for Buckinghamshire has selected Milton Keynes to be home to an official Coronation Tree.
Global tech company auctions specialist equipment ahead of move to Milton Keynes
Auction and asset management specialists NCM Auctions are working with world-leading experts in the electromagnetic spectrum, Spectrum Control, as they consolidate their UK testing and development sites.
Milton Keynes Community Foundation announce mental health and young people charity legacy
Milton Keynes Community Foundation proudly announces its management of MK YIS’ Trust, ensuring continued support for mental wellness among young people in our community.
New councillor elected in Milton Keynes by-election
Following the resignation of Councillor Brigid McBride on 9th January, a by-election took place in Milton Keynes yesterday.
Residents can nominate Milton Keynes Hospital staff for 2024 awards
Nominations are now open for the #TeamMKUH Staff Awards 2024 and residents in Milton Keynes are able to vote.
Women Leaders Awards in Milton Keynes announce headline sponsor
Milton Keynes-based NHBC is proud to be the headline sponsor for the Women Leaders UK Awards 2024.
Large amount of vapes and mobile phone stolen in Milton Keynes robbery
Thames Valley Police is releasing images of two individuals officers would like to speak to as they may have vital information following a robbery in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes-based Open University receives Queen’s Anniversary Prize at Buckingham Palace
The Open University was presented with a prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education by Her Majesty The Queen today.
Yellow weather warning in place across Milton Keynes as residents warned of flooding
A weather warning is in place until 6pm this evening.
Thames Valley Police looking to recruit 'brave horse' to join its force
Thames Valley Police's Mounted Section is looking to recruit a 'brave horse' to join its force.
Drop The Dead Donkey: The Reawakening comes to Milton Keynes Theatre this March
The original cast and writers of the award-winning TV comedy Drop The Dead Donkey reunite for a brand-new stage adaptation coming to Milton Keynes Theatre from Tue 12 – Sat 16 Mar.