G4S are recruiting registered nurses who are looking for a new and exciting role to fill a number of positions within their healthcare team based at Oakhill Secure Training Centre.
Are you looking for a new opportunity that will give you new experiences? G4S are looking for an experienced Learning Disability Nurse, Children’s Nurse or Mental Health Nurse to join their secure healthcare team. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the post holder will be required to complete assessments, and will be responsible for managing a caseload of patients within a secure setting. The post holder is required to work with service users from a holistic perspective, taking into account a variety of complex needs.
- Maintain own caseload of patients with a diagnosed Learning Disability or ASD. Complete initial assessment on all new referrals, appropriate care planning and follow up procedures.
- To attend and participate in the processes as per STC policy designed to assist with patients at risk of self-harm/suicide, in line with NICE Guidance.
- To attend monthly supervision with line manager and complete yearly EDR to assess targets, progression and learning objectives.
- Work to support patients by using excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as patience and resilience.
- To provide awareness training and advice for staff on the care of patients with a Learning Disability.
- Assist with awareness days and workshops delivered by the PCMHT and work with the team to develop these further.
- Attend and participate in weekly Integrated Mental Health Team Referrals meetings to ensure integrated approach is maintained when discussing at risk patients.
You can apply for the job here.