Tesco have issued a recall over tampering fears
Cow & Gate baby food sold by Tesco is being recalled over concerns that some of the jars may have been tampered with.
The Food Standards Agency said 15 products are being withdrawn as a "precautionary measure".
Affected customers who purchased the jars are being urged not to feed them to their babies - and to take them back to the store where they were bought for a full refund.
According to the FSA, the recall only concerns products sold in Tesco stores in the UK, and notices are being placed in supermarkets.
The 15 products affected - all 200g in size and for babies aged seven months and older - are:
- Cow & Gate Butternut Squash Chicken & Pasta
- Cow & Gate Courgette & Hake Rice
- Cow & Gate Creamy Cauliflower Cheese
- Cow & Gate Garden Pea & Turkey
- Cow & Gate Potato Spinach & Beef
- Cow & Gate Potato & Turkey Roast
- Cow & Gate Spaghetti Bolognese
- Cow & Gate Succulent Pork Casserole
- Cow & Gate Tasty Cottage Pie
- Cow & Gate Tomato & Courgette Pasta
- Cow & Gate Yummy Harvest Chicken
- Cow & Gate Apple Crumble
- Cow & Gate Banana Crumble
- Cow & Gate Peach Apple & Kiwi
- Cow & Gate Rice Pudding
The recall applies to all batch codes and best-before dates.
No other Cow & Gate, Tesco or other baby food products are being looked at for potential tampering - and both companies have apologised for the inconvenience caused.