MKFM's mission is to bring local radio back to Milton Keynes. Here's what the MKFM brand is all about.
We believe Milton Keynes is an important city with a unique identity which should have its own dedicated radio station.
So we’re on a mission to bring local radio back to Milton Keynes. Permanently.
- To provide relevant music and entertainment for the local community in Milton Keynes via all platforms (FM radio, online and digital) and involve the community in creating the content.
Our seven key objectives are:
- MKFM will be a popular, mainstream radio station aimed at Under 35’s in Milton Keynes available on the most popular platforms
- MKFM will undertake a high profile marketing campaign to inform the local audience that they now have a choice of listening and develop a large audience to spread the word about all the great things that happen in MK
- MKFM will support and promote charity and community groups
- MKFM will promote local music on air alongside a mainstream mix of current music aimed at under-35’s
- MKFM will provide a full service of local news and information including travel news, sport, school closures, weather and what’s on information
- MKFM will give the community the opportunity to be involved in every area of the radio station, in particular local young people from all backgrounds
- MKFM will support the local economy and local businesses by offering an affordable platform to promote their services and products
- 12 – 44 (core 15-34)
- Equally split male/female
- Equally split ABC1 / C2DE
- Living in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas, or the wider region with Milton Keynes as a cultural focal point
- Proudly local, but big sounding and professional. “Local” does not mean “small” or “amateur” – we are as professional as competing national brands.
- Stylish and cool. In touch with current trends in music and society. Never self-congratulatory or 'needy'.
- Fresh, new and original. Never dated or cheesy.
- A brand that it’s ‘cool’ to listen to. Listeners are proud to display our car stickers and say that they listen.
- Positive and aspirational. Reflecting the local community and young people in a positive way.
- Articulate and Confident. Speaking the same language as the audience. We will communicate with listeners as equals without talking down to them or ‘trying too hard’. Never downmarket or fake.
- Intelligent and indispensible. Keeps you in touch with everything you need to know.
- Full of life
Drag and click the images to explore the brands with synergy to MKFM's values and target market